Moparts

Kiesler -A/O trans in a B body

Posted By: cudablues

Kiesler -A/O trans in a B body - 10/25/11 02:06 PM

Anyone used one?looking for my 70 Roadrunner.Do not want to do any cutting,not even sure of a price yet.
Posted By: MidPenMopar

Re: Kiesler -A/O trans in a B body - 10/25/11 02:23 PM

I have their 4L60E kit in my 69 roadrunner. No modifications were needed except for a slight massaging of the tunnel but you can not notice that at all.
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Kiesler -A/O trans in a B body - 10/25/11 05:04 PM

What are trying to acomplish? I have put them in a few cars and was not real crazy about them. Did not like the way it shifted, too soft, kind of mushy. Just out of warrenty it took dump and had to have it rebuilt. My one customer was trying to increase his fuel milage. After we did the math he would have to put about 7000. miles a year on it to pay for itself in 7.5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jake
Posted By: MidPenMopar

Re: Kiesler -A/O trans in a B body - 10/25/11 11:09 PM

Quote:

What are trying to acomplish? I have put them in a few cars and was not real crazy about them. Did not like the way it shifted, too soft, kind of mushy. Just out of warrenty it took dump and had to have it rebuilt. My one customer was trying to increase his fuel milage. After we did the math he would have to put about 7000. miles a year on it to pay for itself in 7.5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jake

Mine was like that too out of the box but then i found out you can adjust the shift points and man that made the car come alive! It can be done via a laptop computer too.
Posted By: cudablues

Re: Kiesler -A/O trans in a B body - 10/26/11 01:55 PM

Well,just looking for a good overdrive for the car.496 stroker,580 HP,640 lbs torque.Will get some hwy use and would like to run a 3:91 gear.Not even sure what the keisler costs.Was also thinking of a cope with a Gear vendors.
Posted By: charger_dart

Re: Kiesler -A/O trans in a B body - 10/26/11 06:19 PM

I have the Keisler 4 speed auto in my 68 Charger and really like it. It has the newer style control module which allows you to adjust shift firmness and shift points with a twist of a dial - very easy and nice.
I have a similar setup - 500ci stroker, 3.91 gear and cruise at 2500rpm's at 75mph. Nice setup and not real difficult to install.
© 2024 Moparts Forums