Moparts

Best Holley float bowl gaskets?

Posted By: N9671X2

Best Holley float bowl gaskets? - 09/24/11 04:31 PM

Fired up the sixpack bird this spring, center carb leaking like crazy. Pull it and find a new (but don't know how old gasket on the workbench). Change it out, problem solved. Haven't driven it in 2 months, fired it up yesterday and same thing. Is there a "best" gasket available out there? I know inconsistant use is hard on them, but surprised to have this one go bad that quick.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Best Holley float bowl gaskets? - 09/24/11 04:38 PM

I have these "blue" non-stick versions that work well. Don't recall if they are Holley brand or from someone else.

Double check EVERYTHING else. There are a lot of places and reasons for a Holley to leak, not necessarily from the spot you think - debris/old gasket between sealing surfaces, bad bowl screw gaskets, bad inlet fitting gasket or loose.
Posted By: superwrench

Re: Best Holley float bowl gaskets? - 09/24/11 04:48 PM

The blue Holley ones are excellent. Just make sure you get some screw washers too.
Also make sure you get the CORRECT bowl gaskets too....there is a slight difference that won't let the gasket sit properly on the positioning pegs. DAMHIK.
I can take off my bowls many times to do jet changes and the gaskets survive no problem.
Posted By: A12

Re: Best Holley float bowl gaskets? - 09/24/11 04:54 PM

x3 on the blue Holley gaskets
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Best Holley float bowl gaskets? - 09/24/11 05:11 PM

Quote:

x3 on the blue Holley gaskets

But you know that is not correct !!
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Best Holley float bowl gaskets? - 09/24/11 05:13 PM

Actually never had a problem with bowl gaskets leaking,now with the accelerator pump,that's a different story.
Posted By: N9671X2

Re: Best Holley float bowl gaskets? - 09/24/11 05:20 PM

Thanks for posts guys. Bowl gasket did it last time, have not taken it apart since noticing the leak last night, but will keep an eye on other things mentioned. Not ruling out accelerator pump gasket either as it is really coming out of that area.
© 2024 Moparts Forums