Moparts

Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing

Posted By: 67coronetman

Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/12/11 12:07 AM

Can anyone give me real valuable info on how to best use & install the starter relocation kit cause i really am not understanding.! Or did someone out here find a way to make it work with out it.!

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/13/11 12:10 AM

I would really appreciate it if someone has some info & yes i have looked at lakewood bellhousing site.!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/13/11 01:57 AM

What do you mean by starter relocation kit ? What size is your flywheel ?
Posted By: Bill MeLater

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/13/11 02:15 AM

If you're talking about the cup/bolt that captures the starter nose it's just a matter of bolting it in the innermost hole for a 130 tooth flywheel, outer hole for a 143 tooth wheel. If that's not what you're describing...Dunno?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/13/11 02:24 AM

Quote:

If you're talking about the cup/bolt that captures the starter nose it's just a matter of bolting it in the innermost hole for a 130 tooth flywheel, outer hole for a 143 tooth wheel. If that's not what you're describing...Dunno?

Isn't there also a piece that bolts to the bell that grabs a starter bolt to hold the starter in the correct location along with the nose cup ?
Posted By: Bill MeLater

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/13/11 02:43 AM

Mine just has a single top bolt location and 2 on the bottom for locating the starter to match the flywheel. Can't say for sure that's the only way they ever made 'em??

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/13/11 03:43 AM

Thanks for the replies i looked at my bellhousing and its the wrong one that is why it didn't work! i have the right bellhousing coming.

Quote:

Mine just has a single top bolt location and 2 on the bottom for locating the starter to match the flywheel. Can't say for sure that's the only way they ever made 'em??

Posted By: jbc426

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/13/11 07:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Isn't there also a piece that bolts to the bell that grabs a starter bolt to hold the starter in the correct location along with the nose cup ?

Yes, I had to use it on my lower starter bolt....440 with 130 tooth.(correction = not 143)
Posted By: 446acuda

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/14/11 08:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

there is and used with 130T only. here's a pic

Attached picture 6826381-007.JPG

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/14/11 08:22 PM

Here is a top view. The bottom starter bolt hole gets into the starter pocket so there is no room for a bolt hole on the bellhousing.

Attached picture 6826383-006.JPG

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/14/11 08:23 PM

adapter piece

Attached picture 6826384-010.JPG

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/14/11 08:25 PM

starter mounted for 143 tooth wheel. No adapter needed

Attached picture 6826385-005.JPG
Posted By: fury4speed

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/14/11 09:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

there is and used with 130T only. here's a pic

So the adapter is used with a 130 Tooth Flywheel only if your using a scatter shield? thanks.

Re: Starter Relocation Kit For a Lakewood Bellhousing - 09/14/11 10:10 PM

yes, if you have a Lakewood scattershield with the 2 starter cup holes then the adapter is used only with the 130 tooth flywheel(inner hole). There are bb lakewood scattershields that use a 130 tooth flywheel only and don't need any adapter or starter cup since they just use a big hole in the starter pocket to support the starter nose.
© 2024 Moparts Forums