Moparts

School me on Max Wedge Valve covers

Posted By: 73ChargerSE

School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/25/11 09:56 PM

Hey guys,

Looking at a set of 4-bolt valve covers. They look to be factory pieces with flat spots, etc, but they are chrome. MW valave covers were never chromed, correct? What should I be looking for in the baffles? There are no wire looms on them. Would they be worth more if dechromed and painted, or are these even worth the trouble?

Paul
Posted By: moparsquid

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/26/11 02:18 AM

i had a 64 polara convert. with the 426 street wedge ,it came with a very large chrome air cleaner and chrome valve covers,this is probably what you have. if they are cheep thats fine but ive seen 4bolters go under a 100 and already painted.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/26/11 06:05 AM

Can you post a picture?
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/26/11 04:05 PM

Quote:

i had a 64 polara convert. with the 426 street wedge ,it came with a very large chrome air cleaner and chrome valve covers,this is probably what you have. if they are cheep thats fine but ive seen 4bolters go under a 100 and already painted.

6 bolt covers in '64.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/26/11 05:10 PM

My 1963 415 HP M.W. came with four bolt valve covers that had no wire loom holders but they had corners like the six bolt covers have but with no holes in the corners A freind of mine found a set(years ago) of marine(according to the seller) four bolt valve covers that match mine exactly at the Mopar Fall Fling car show and swap meet in San Fernnado Valley, he bought them for $25.00 The Max Wedge covers have to have the internal baffles higher than the non M.W. covers just to clear the adjustable rocker arm adjusters
Posted By: 73ChargerSE

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/26/11 06:17 PM

Here's the pictures I've got of them.

Paul

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/26/11 06:26 PM

Quote:

My 1963 415 HP M.W. came with four bolt valve covers that had no wire loom holders but they had corners like the six bolt covers have but with no holes in the corners A freind of mine found a set(years ago) of marine(according to the seller) four bolt valve covers that match mine exactly at the Mopar Fall Fling car show and swap meet in San Fernnado Valley, he bought them for $25.00 The Max Wedge covers have to have the internal baffles higher than the non M.W. covers just to clear the adjustable rocker arm adjusters

I have had a set of that style cover. I heard they came out later, when the 6 bolt heads were being used on the non-MW big blocks.

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/26/11 06:27 PM

They do look correct, maybe they were parts counter dress-up parts?

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/26/11 06:40 PM

Quote:

Like these, correct?

Attached picture 6796358-maxie1.jpg
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/26/11 07:07 PM

And I just drilled the end holes in s set of perfect ones to use on 6 bolt heads.They also don't have the notches for the valve cover tabs.

Attached picture 6796382-P8260377.JPG
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/26/11 09:05 PM

Other than the decal, the Max Wedge 4-bolt valve covers are no different than any other big block of the same year.
Posted By: moparsquid

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/27/11 04:05 AM

here is a set i sold coz i am running the eddy max heads and there 6 bolt.

Attached picture 6797171-53047.JPG
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: School me on Max Wedge Valve covers - 08/27/11 04:32 AM

Quote:

Other than the decal, the Max Wedge 4-bolt valve covers are no different than any other big block of the same year.

© 2024 Moparts Forums