Moparts

70 cuda dash lights

Posted By: Anonymous

70 cuda dash lights - 09/30/08 03:00 PM

noticed I had no dash lights Friday night. First time out at night with car. On the back of the dash light switch are three terminals. Could someone please explain what wire goes where such as the power in, out to lights and what the third terminal is for.
Posted By: GregGarner

Re: 70 cuda dash lights - 09/30/08 07:16 PM

See my switch faq here for more info on the dimmer switch function. This also shows you how to test the dimmer switch:

http://rt-eng.com/mediawiki/index.php/RT...immer_switch.3F
Posted By: 74_360_Cuda

Re: 70 cuda dash lights - 10/04/08 04:49 AM

I have the same problem but mine keeps burning the fuses. Is this a common problem or I have to inspect all the wires in order to find a short?
Posted By: BADBEE

Re: 70 cuda dash lights - 10/04/08 04:57 AM

I was reading your test page and had a question.
I was rebuilding a dash for a customer, (71 Cuda) and was trying to connect a 3 speed wiper switch to the harness. It wasnt right for the harness connection.
I contacted Jules the Wiperman and he told me that 70 and 71 used either a 2 speed or a variable switch. The 3 speed switch was a 72-74 item. Whats your take on this?
I see you talk about testing a 70-71 3 speed wiper switch. Just want to get my facts straight for future reference.
Thanks.
Jeff in Ozark Mo.
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: 70 cuda dash lights - 10/04/08 11:06 AM

Quote:

I was reading your test page and had a question.
I was rebuilding a dash for a customer, (71 Cuda) and was trying to connect a 3 speed wiper switch to the harness. It wasnt right for the harness connection.
I contacted Jules the Wiperman and he told me that 70 and 71 used either a 2 speed or a variable switch. The 3 speed switch was a 72-74 item. Whats your take on this?
I see you talk about testing a 70-71 3 speed wiper switch. Just want to get my facts straight for future reference.
Thanks.
Jeff in Ozark Mo.

Jeff,

All of the 70-71 rally gauge cars I've done had the 2 speed variable. The switch you're looking for will have a red dot on the back with the number 25 on it (easiest way to identify).

There is an extra spade on the back of the switch, if you look, you'll see which one isn't used, it has a barb sticking out so you know which one never had a plug on it.

Re: 70 cuda dash lights - 10/04/08 01:23 PM

Yes I got it figured out thanks to Jules, and know about the red dot sticker on the back of the variable switch. I was just questioning what Greg had on his site concerning a 1970-1971 3 speed wiper switch which I dont think existed.I dont think there was a 2 speed varible either. They were either 2 speed or they were a variable.
Posted By: wunderless

Re: 70 cuda dash lights - 10/04/08 01:32 PM

Are you sure the actually switch isn't dirty or worn? I know mine is picky sometimes.
Just a thought...
Posted By: GregGarner

Re: 70 cuda dash lights - 10/08/08 09:41 PM

I agree with Jules, for 70-71 it is either 2 speed or variable speed. I just said 3 speed because that's what everyone else calls it. I will change my website to be more accurate.

Re: 70 cuda dash lights - 10/08/08 09:57 PM

Not trying to be anal about it Greg, just wanting to get my facts straight.
© 2024 Moparts Forums