Moparts

AFB dripping gas from the throttle shaft

Posted By: feets

AFB dripping gas from the throttle shaft - 08/15/11 11:30 PM

My AFB seems to drop gas from the throttle shaft. It does it with the engine running and with it off. What is the usual cause of this? Are the floats a little high?

Fuel pressure should not be an issue.

It is an older carb. I bought it new in the late 80s. It's seen intermittent use since then.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: AFB dripping gas from the throttle shaft - 08/16/11 12:23 AM

It sounds more like something is stuck in the needle and seat keeping it from closing.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: AFB dripping gas from the throttle shaft - 08/16/11 12:27 AM

Check the floats hieghts if it's not the needle and seat
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: AFB dripping gas from the throttle shaft - 08/16/11 03:09 AM

As said check float levels and prob can get needle/seats seperate & I would check the idle psi, most vac gauges have a psi side & come w the black neoprene adapter about the size of your thumb that slips over the male inverted flare fitting on your fuel line you unscrew from the carb inlet EDIT & a good filter
Posted By: racincuda

Re: AFB dripping gas from the throttle shaft - 08/16/11 03:37 AM

this is prob very remote but I had one that had a pinhole in 1 float, gas would drain out when you had carb apart, then when re-installed it would idle fine for a couple minutes and then start loading up at idle, you could hear the difference in just a minute or two. Couldn't see th hole, finally discovered this when I picked up float and felt th slosh inside the float.
Like I said prob remote but something to look for when it's apart, and uh good luck with it
Posted By: fig426

Re: AFB dripping gas from the throttle shaft - 08/18/11 06:37 PM

Float level or something in the needle/seat.
© 2024 Moparts Forums