Moparts

early A Body ??front windshield

Posted By: mikepar

early A Body ??front windshield - 09/27/08 10:15 PM

Gentlemen:
My 66 dart CONVERTABLE is in bad need of a windshield.
I was told that any windshield from an early A Body (64,65 66) and maybe a 63,be it a 2 door,4 door, station wagon,convertable are all the same, can any one confirm this.(The more answers the merrier.)I will have to travel 300 miles to get this and I wanted to be sure

mike

Re: early A Body ??front windshield - 09/27/08 10:46 PM

come on Somebody
Posted By: GLR

Re: early A Body ??front windshield - 09/27/08 10:52 PM

Mike, I own a restoration shop here in Pa and I really don't think I would drive that far and get a used windshield to put in your car. Old windshields and brittle and the chances of you finding one that isn't fogged or scratched or stone pecked is going to be hard.
I would call your local Automotive Glass company...like Diamond, Safelite..etc.. and just get a new winshield. If you want they can install it for you or you can just have it dropped off. When you call, ask for either a PPG Glass or LOF, they are the two brands of windshields that I use.
If you still have a problem finding one. Let me know.
Gary

Re: early A Body ??front windshield - 09/27/08 10:57 PM

ya but will it werk? from what he describes It is in excellent shape I know im takin a chance cause some peoples treasure is anothers trash and its only 5o dollars
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: early A Body ??front windshield - 09/27/08 11:14 PM

All '63-'65 A body windshields interchange, regardless of body style.
Posted By: Dadrules

Re: early A Body ??front windshield - 09/28/08 12:18 AM

I got a brand new one for a 65 Barracuda from an autoglass company in Portland, Or. they shipped to a local body shop I've worked with. I think it was about $200. well worth it.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: early A Body ??front windshield - 09/28/08 12:33 PM

Quote:

ya but will it werk? from what he describes It is in excellent shape I know im takin a chance cause some peoples treasure is anothers trash and its only 5o dollars

Have you seen it with your own eyes? Not being a jag, just almost every early A windshield I have seen is fogging in around the edges. The one in my '66 is and so is the one in my buddy's '64.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: early A Body ??front windshield - 09/28/08 01:32 PM

If you wanted a nice one without the fogging $200 would be a heck of a deal.
© 2024 Moparts Forums