Moparts

68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock?

Posted By: 70cudaproject

68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/23/11 08:33 PM

I went over to my buddy's shop who has a '68 and '69 Charger he is restoring, and both had yellow/orange hood blinker indicator lights with small indentions in the middle. My '68 Charger has clear lenses that do not have any indentions. Are mine stock?

Attached picture 6743514-021.JPG

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/23/11 08:38 PM

Picture under hood:

Attached picture 6743521-022.JPG
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/23/11 09:32 PM

68-69 charger hood turn signal lens assembly:

Attached picture 6743574-171-HTS252-CH68.jpg
Posted By: TJP

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/24/11 12:20 AM

Quote:

I went over to my buddy's shop who has a '68 and '69 Charger he is restoring, and both had yellow/orange hood blinker indicator lights with small indentions in the middle. My '68 Charger has clear lenses that do not have any indentions. Are mine stock?

NOPE!!! Sorry
Posted By: sthemi

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/24/11 01:17 AM

And the cars that didnt have the hood blinker did not have the holes punched in the hood.
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/24/11 02:08 AM

Quote:

And the cars that didnt have the hood blinker did not have the holes punched in the hood.

I don't know about that. Back in 1990 I had bought a rusty and wrecked 69 Charger 383 4 speed for $350. It had delete plates where the hood turn signals mount. I think I still have them around here somewhere. But to find them now would be trouble.
Posted By: MoparMedley

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/24/11 02:14 AM

Both my '68 and '69 had ambers. From the look of the underside of that hood it looks modified.

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/24/11 08:30 AM

Thanks guys. It is interesting to me that someone would machine these clear lenses, but they did an excellent job IMHO. I am considering drilling and tapping them to accept factory style blinker housings. Then I will put in some amber bulbs and call it a day. I think I will make some housings rather than pay the going rate for repos. On another note, I installed my new AMD fender on the driver's side today. Tomorrow I am going to work on alignment and maybe I'll install my super stock springs. Cheers!
Posted By: bigD

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/24/11 02:54 PM

Quote:

WRONG.. mine does not have the hood indicators but has the factory block off plugs instead,D
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/24/11 04:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

WRONG.. mine does not have the hood indicators but has the factory block off plugs instead,D

Maybe it was froma 70....70 had the hole punched in the hood either way and then the insert plate had the delete plate screwed on OR the blinker mechanism
Posted By: chargincharles

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/24/11 04:24 PM

Yeah- as other's said- not stock.
Looks like a creative way to fix what is a really BAD water leak if they are missing.
Charger Specialites sells replacements:

http://www.chargerspecialties.com/signals.htm

I have used these before and the quality is excellent!

Good Luck,
CC.
Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: 68 Charger clear hood blinker indicator - stock? - 07/24/11 09:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I concur

The hoods were punched out for the indicators weather optioned with them or not....like he said metal "block off" plates were installed in place of the lenses....
© 2024 Moparts Forums