Moparts

4 Weber 's on a Wedge?

Posted By: HP2

4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/13/11 07:11 AM

I can't get this out of my mind. I saw an x-brand V8 with 4 2-barrel Weber's standing up between the valve covers and it looked sooo cool
Have been googling around but can't find an intake for Chrysler engines.
Anyone seen one? Any experiences from Weber IDA's on a V8?

To get a picture of it just follow the link
http://www.carburetion.com/weber/wildv8.asp
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/13/11 07:46 AM

I've seen small block weber setups. I think originally for sprint cars. I think there's a B engine weber setup too.

IIRC, Mopar Action did articles convering all the intakes made for small blocks and big blocks.
Posted By: drago

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/13/11 08:03 AM

One weber barrel for each intake port! means that there's no common plenum to cause reversion and rough cammy idle. idle will much smoother than similar holley setup.
GREAT 'WANG' NOISE! when they're working hard. all the euro supercars like ferrari and lambo used them.
downside is cost - complexity with the linkages and synchronising/tuning the carbs.
but you probably already knew this?
go for it!
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/13/11 12:50 PM

There is a guy in San Luis Obispo, CA who used the Weber setup on a 413 B engine and ended up taking it off because it was faster and smoother with dual quads.

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/13/11 04:30 PM

Quote:

I've seen small block weber setups. I think originally for sprint cars. I think there's a B engine weber setup too.

IIRC, Mopar Action did articles convering all the intakes made for small blocks and big blocks.

I can drop an email to Mr Ehrenberg and ask, thanks for advice
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/13/11 04:41 PM

Glenn Bunch runs them on his Hemi Challenger, but it is an IMSA GT race car.

These intakes were made, but not easily found.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/13/11 06:34 PM

probably not impossible to have a manifold fabbed up by a good machinist.
webers worked real good on older europen 4cylinders,to be honest they are superior to holleys and edelbrocks by design since they realy dont care to much about the pulses wich the holleys and edelbrocks have so much trouble with handling.. the trick to make them work exept for tuning is to get the runnerlenghts and stacks right.

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/15/11 07:53 AM

I'm sure I can have one fabricated, but it will take a lot of time make everything working with linkage, tuning and all. Would be so much easier finding a complete kit like the ones from Carbs Unlimited.

My believe is that one barrel per cylinder will outperform any plenum intake on the planet when it comes to my needs
Posted By: ahy

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/15/11 01:07 PM

On thing to consider... with one barrel per cylinder there is no "sharing" of carb capacity between cylinders. You need a lot more CFM per cylinder with this setup - maybe 3 or 4x what you would need for a single 4 bbl on a single plane. One of the articles mentioned above (MA I believe) went through the numbers. From memory, the biggest Weber could handle a warm SB but not a BB. You might be able to get some more specific information from the folks who set up one throttle body per cylinder injection.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/15/11 05:27 PM

Steve Strope of Pure Vision did a one-off Charger that was converted to right hand drive. It had three Webbers on a sixpack manifold.

Attached picture 6634202-22[1].jpg
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/15/11 05:44 PM

her is another option,not webers but still very cool

http://www.unikracing.com/eng/chrysler.html
Posted By: Commando66

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/15/11 08:01 PM

How about this? It's a 273 with a fabricated intake.

Attached picture 6634460-HRM2-66-1.jpg
Posted By: AndyF

Re: 4 Weber 's on a Wedge? - 05/15/11 08:07 PM

I designed a manifold for this conversion a while back. Fairly easy part to make but I never got around to putting it into production. The Weber carbs cost a ton of money, most people don't know anything about them, and there is a lot of fussing to do with the linkage and fuel lines. So I just moved on to other projects.
© 2024 Moparts Forums