Moparts

Power Steering Quit Working

Posted By: fury4speed

Power Steering Quit Working - 05/01/11 06:54 PM

I stopped the Car , turned the Enging off and when I restarted it 10 minutes later there was no power steering , on the way Home 2 miles into th edrive the power steering started working again , full of fluid , never a noise or hard at any time , question is could it be a pressur evalve? dirt in the system , the fluid wa snew 2 years ago , thanks.
Posted By: Mopardude440

Re: Power Steering Quit Working - 05/01/11 07:13 PM

im having a similar problem with mine, where i just loose assist while driving in town then it will start working again.

Re: Power Steering Quit Working - 05/01/11 08:55 PM

Any suggestions?
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Power Steering Quit Working - 05/02/11 12:38 AM

I could toss out a few ideas, but it may be best to call a pro. Dick Ross at Firm Feel is a pretty sharp guy.

Re: Power Steering Quit Working - 05/02/11 01:31 AM

Quote:

I could toss out a few ideas, but it may be best to call a pro. Dick Ross at Firm Feel is a pretty sharp guy.

Toss me some idea's please , thanks.
Posted By: pnypwr

Re: Power Steering Quit Working - 05/02/11 02:16 AM

sounds like your pump is heading south, I had a vehicle come into work last week did the same thing...except it was a 1 ton truck and they lost the hydroboost for the brakes also...saginaw pump failed
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Power Steering Quit Working - 05/02/11 05:48 AM

In some cases the fluid gets too hot and the pump quits working. I added a power steering cooler to the Charger after this happened.
I had a worn out 71 Chevy truck that had an intermittent power steering "system" What a TURD ! It would ofter fail at low rpms while making U turns. I changed the pump TWICE and the problem persisted. I think in that case, the steering box itself was AFU.
© 2024 Moparts Forums