Moparts

74 dart dash lights ??

Posted By: calrobb2000

74 dart dash lights ?? - 05/18/08 10:11 PM

hi
does any one know the path the current takes from the light switch to the dash lights ?

my lights are not working and i have power to the switch .
all other lights work !

new headlight switch / still no dash lights ?

how does current flow from switch to bulbs ?

must the dash housing be grounded also ?
thank you !
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 74 dart dash lights ?? - 05/18/08 10:59 PM

Dash must be grounded. Have you checked the bulbs to be sure they are good and the sockets to make sure the tabs are in contact with the curcuit board?

Re: 74 dart dash lights ?? - 05/19/08 04:26 AM

hi
well i pulled the dash and i dont think i am getting power to the round plug with app 8 pin holes that plugs into the back of the dash ?

i think there should be power to one of the wires when parking lights or headlights are on ?

the turn signial indacaters and high beam do work from same plug however !

cleaned all bulb holders and tested all bulbs !

which wire feeds dashlight bulbs / and does it start at the headlight switch as same color

adding a ground to dash did not help any ?

got dark so had to stop for the day .

Re: 74 dart dash lights ?? - 05/19/08 02:53 PM

Have you checked the dash light fuse? I believe the path is from the headlight switch to the fuse to the dash cluster.
Posted By: 71_deputy

Re: 74 dart dash lights ?? - 05/19/08 03:01 PM

from the dimmer to the fuse- via a tan wire to the fuse block- then to a orange wire to the dash lights.

Re: 74 dart dash lights ?? - 05/20/08 03:21 AM

hi
well i worked on it some today and i have found i have power at the right time to all of the terminals in the round 11 pin plug at the right time ,
EXCEPT i do not have any power to the orange wire socket which powers the dash lights ???

soo where exactly does the orange wire come from ??
powered the light circut pin and they light but i am not getting any power to the orange wire ??

thanks agin !

also what is the box behind the dash with two multi plugs containing a circut board for ??

pn on the box is 3746849 ??
this car has a/c and is from ca.

fuses checked good with multimeter, if dashlight fuse was bad wouldn't my tail lights be out also ?
Posted By: JH73Chal

Re: 74 dart dash lights ?? - 05/20/08 03:48 AM

Try here

http://www.mymopar.com/72to76_wiring.htm

Re: 74 dart dash lights ?? - 05/27/08 03:28 PM

hi
well i finaly got the dashlights to work ,not sure why but it blew the second 3 amp fuse and all i had was a 5 amp and everything works now with the 5 amp ? will get some 3 amps and try another one next trip to parts store .

now who knows about ac units in these cars ?
i think i may have a bad switch/control ?
also may need some vac pods ?

thank you !

Re: 74 dart dash lights ?? - 05/27/08 06:29 PM

A/C is easy. Do a little diagnosis and let us know what the results are. Fan work all speeds? Vents doors open and change from a/c to defrost to heat etc?

Re: 74 dart dash lights ?? - 05/28/08 12:05 PM

hi
the fan seems to run all speeds , but it runs slower when in the heat/ deff. modes ??

in any case it does not shift from heat to defrost mode ?
i have defrost most of the time unless i manualy flip the defrost door and then it locks it in place ? almost as if it has a badd diafram in the servo uniit ? tryed a hand heald mitty vac hand pump but can not get it to more than wiggle or hold vac unless i manualy move door all the way then it will hold a vac and stay open ??
going to try a direct vac line from intake to test it later today ?
also i dont seem to get any vac to the actuator that closes the large front door to force the heat to defrost ??
also the cool to heat lever only travels app 1/2 way in the slot , i might be able to get 3/4 by adj the cable some there ?
not sure if somone changed the control unit as i did see a non fact screw in one position ?
does any one know the correct pn for the control for the 74 dart / or have a pict ?
thank you !!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums