Moparts

Rock Auto, any good?

Posted By: mopar 394

Rock Auto, any good? - 09/15/08 09:38 PM

Has anyone ordered stuff from Rockauto.com and what has been your experience? I see that they sell name brands and the shipping seems to be reasonable. Looks like they sell Metro seals, is that a brand to stay away from? Thanks for the input.
Posted By: Fab64

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/15/08 09:42 PM

I just bought a bunch of Moog and Spicer suspension parts from them. Their prices are about the best I found, and their shipping was reasonable and fast. I would definitely buy from them again. Also, check out the Hot Deals section of this site for the discount code, and you'll save 5% on your order.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/15/08 09:44 PM

They're good
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/15/08 09:52 PM

Rock has always been good to me.
Posted By: mopar 394

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/15/08 10:07 PM

Does anyone have the discount code, I could not find it in the hot deals section?
Posted By: DZJim

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/15/08 10:28 PM

Rockauto is good. Watch the shipping though, because several items in one order shipped from different locations can run the cost up quick.

Metro Molded Parts seems to have good reputation, as compared to the other two or three rubber parts places.

My $0.02

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/15/08 11:02 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have the discount code, I could not find it in the hot deals section?

That's odd. I found a current discount code there on Sunday, September 6th, but it's gone now. I wonder if they've been deleted (do the mods do this?). Unfortunately, I just copied and pasted it, and didn't write it down.
Posted By: Beep Beep

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/15/08 11:47 PM

I have used them a couple of times. They have great prices and excellent service. They told the shipping date and they were dead on.
Posted By: IronWolf

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 12:07 AM

They suck. IMHO. Needed three parts , and they added shipping from three locations. Reference "Lehman Brothers", "Merrill Lynch", "AIG" - they just don't care.
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 01:10 AM

Quote:

They suck. IMHO. Needed three parts , and they added shipping from three locations. Reference "Lehman Brothers", "Merrill Lynch", "AIG" - they just don't care.

They suck because they don't stock everything you needed in one location?

I love Rock Auto. Fair shipping costs, quick delivery, and very quick to credit you when you return something. As mentioned, their prices usually are (but not always) significantly lower on the exact same part found in other places.

In short, Rock Auto rocks.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 01:17 AM

Quote:

They're good

They are very good
Posted By: vynn3

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 01:41 AM

LOVE Rock Auto. ALWAYS my first choice for parts.

vm
Posted By: earlybee

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 01:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

They're good

They are very good

As long as you don,t need a part today. I HAD to get a M/C for a Dakota daily driver today. I checked Rocks price on one and O'Reilly down the street was 5 bucks cheaper for the same part #. Both co,s have a core charge. Gotta check around.
Posted By: TNTN63

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 02:25 AM

Quote:

Try this one 782995697629
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 04:07 AM

Just ordered lifters from them, cheapest I've found, and also ordered front end parts... You DO have to watch shipping cost from them. but overall good place to deal with
Posted By: PlumCrazyChris

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 04:36 AM

I ordered a shock for my jeeps steering and they sent me something completely different.

They wouldn't take it back, no refund, no exchanges and it was totally their fault.

Bastards, I'll never use them again.

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 04:50 AM

I just Google'd "rockauto discount code" and turned this one up:

91971E6B5AD6

Says it expires on 11/11/08
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 05:37 AM

No problems with them so far. Gotta watch tho, some parts aren't worth it to ship, like brake dics for one.
Posted By: project74

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 05:54 AM

Dealt with them several times. Great company IMO. They sent me a tie rod with no boot. When I called them to get a boot sent they sent me a whole new tie rod and said keep the first one. Quick shipping on the in stock stuff too.
Posted By: DusterKrazy

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/16/08 06:14 AM

Needed a holley 1bbl carb base gasket because I couldnt get one anywhere. $2.50 piece with a $15 shipping charge So in other words the shipping prices are generally awful
But they do tend to have better prices than most places...
Posted By: Hersbird

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/17/08 04:46 AM

I've ordered form them with great results. Everybody charges shipping around here even if you go into the store to order the part (assuming they don't have it in stock or close by.) Even Jegs and Summit charge a handling fee so if you need something small it's usually not worth it. I still always shop around. Most every parts store has online catalog and pricing and they show if they have the part in stock at your local store. I do like Rock auto's website as you can easilly cross reference different part numbers from different years which worked great when putting the 73 front suspension on my 68 Barracuda.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/17/08 05:52 AM

Quote:

LOVE Rock Auto. ALWAYS my first choice for parts.

vm

Posted By: James74

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/17/08 12:42 PM

I used them for everything until the shipping went through the roof ( fuel prices?) and they quit adding the discount in on shipping. They always beat all the local guys on price, but by the time you add in the shipping, its cheaper to go get it at the local parts house.
Posted By: CHRGR69

Re: Rock Auto, any good? - 09/17/08 02:19 PM

Love their prices.
© 2024 Moparts Forums