Moparts

sebring fwd

Posted By: Magnum

sebring fwd - 04/07/11 01:55 PM

Where is the battery?
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: sebring fwd - 04/07/11 01:57 PM

Driver's side fenderwell in front of the tire...
Posted By: therocks

Re: sebring fwd - 04/07/11 02:01 PM

Jack it up and remove the tire.There is a cover over it.Rocky
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: sebring fwd - 04/07/11 02:31 PM

Quote:

Jack it up and remove the tire.There is a cover over it.Rocky

The engineers looked for a less convenient place to put it, but were unable to find one. If yours is similar to my daughter's '97, you might want to consider replacing the cap and rotor. It's in that area as well...
Posted By: Magnum

Re: sebring fwd - 04/08/11 01:14 AM

Found it, thanks guys.
A few twist clips and the cover was off and there she was. Thanks for the quick replies.

To the engineers that hid it there. I don't find it much of an inconvienience on something that needs replacing maybe, twice, in a cars life.

If it improves the aerodynamics by lowering the hood, improves the center of gravity by lowering it, I'll take it.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: sebring fwd - 04/08/11 02:40 AM

Quote:

Found it, thanks guys.
A few twist clips and the cover was off and there she was. Thanks for the quick replies.

To the engineers that hid it there. I don't find it much of an inconvienience on something that needs replacing maybe, twice, in a cars life.

If it improves the aerodynamics by lowering the hood, improves the center of gravity by lowering it, I'll take it.

Yeah, OK. Report back once you've replace the plugs and wires. I know, I know, you only need to do that every couple years too...
Posted By: DartGTX

Re: sebring fwd - 04/08/11 02:51 AM

The engineers placed it there because it isolates it from engine compartment heat. I just replaced the ORIGINAL battery in my mom's 2001 Intrepid.....

Good luck with the new battery.
© 2024 Moparts Forums