Moparts

70 b-body turnsignal switch

Posted By: 70sate

70 b-body turnsignal switch - 03/21/11 08:35 PM

witch wires should be 'hot' with key on,i have erm.4/ways,nothing hot on signals,or flasher on the turn signal side.is a new switch,n fuse test ok.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 70 b-body turnsignal switch - 03/21/11 09:13 PM

You have two flashers one for ts and a different one for emergencies. Have you checked both?

Re: 70 b-body turnsignal switch - 03/21/11 10:03 PM

yes i checked,no power at turn signal flasher,should it have power on one side or does it come hot from the signal switch?
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 70 b-body turnsignal switch - 03/21/11 11:42 PM

No the power goes to the switch from the flasher and it should be hot on both sides. The turn signal switch is actually a ground circuit through the bulbs. When you put the switch to one side or the other the power goes from the flasher through the ts switch to the bulbs that complete the circuit to ground causing resistence. The flasher which is a bimetallic switch then heats up and the contacts seperate and that breaks the circuit until the flasher cools very quickly and makes contact again and send power to the switch. It does that over and over until the TS switch is shut off and breaks the ground loop. Double check the fuse to be sure you have power at both ends. The fuse contacts may be dirty and not staying in contact under use.

Re: 70 b-body turnsignal switch - 03/22/11 03:15 PM

ok,that sounds like the advise i need,i'll try it this pm.will get back too ya,thank you
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: 70 b-body turnsignal switch - 03/22/11 10:27 PM

you might also find this site handy - http://www.mymopar.com/66to71_wiring.htm

Re: 70 b-body turnsignal switch - 03/24/11 05:40 PM

thanks man
© 2024 Moparts Forums