Moparts

Edelbrock fuel injection

Posted By: moparmojo

Edelbrock fuel injection - 03/19/11 06:22 AM

Has anyone even heard any reviews on this stuff. I was super excited about it when it came out and still have not heard a single review. Seems like Edelbrock isnt even trying that hard to sell it.
It really looks good though.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/efi/pf-xt_chrys.shtml
Posted By: GetAwayDriver

Re: Edelbrock fuel injection - 03/19/11 07:33 AM

Yeah, I'd like to know more about it too... Edlebrock quality so far above the Holley systems no doubt! What's a ball-park cost? Is that intake too tall to clear most standard hoods?
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Edelbrock fuel injection - 03/19/11 03:47 PM

They start at just over $3,000 at Summit. The XT system is a little over $4,000. There aren't very many people who will spend that kind of money for injection, but there are some.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Edelbrock fuel injection - 03/19/11 04:28 PM

About 8 years ago I worked with a guy who had it on his truck. It worked pretty good and he had great customer service.
Posted By: GetAwayDriver

Re: Edelbrock fuel injection - 03/19/11 06:30 PM

Yeow.. Now I know why they aren't as well known.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Edelbrock fuel injection - 03/19/11 06:46 PM

Quote:

They start at just over $3,000 at Summit. The XT system is a little over $4,000. There aren't very many people who will spend that kind of money for injection, but there are some.

For 100th of the money ... you can tweak a PlasticFantastic !
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Edelbrock fuel injection - 03/19/11 08:27 PM

The height might be an issue as well for hood clearance on some cars

I run the XT LS1 intake and it's pretty tall.

Posted By: HealthServices

Re: Edelbrock fuel injection - 03/19/11 08:29 PM

I think I would use the intake, injection hold down, throttle body and maybe some of the sensors but that would be it.

Posted By: Dartman75

Re: Edelbrock fuel injection - 03/19/11 09:19 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I'd like to know more about it too... Edlebrock quality so far above the Holley systems no doubt! What's a ball-park cost? Is that intake too tall to clear most standard hoods?

I don't think it will be a problem to clear hoods. When you have no carb, no air cleaner up top etc. A tunnel ram style intake can work quite well. The front where the throttle body goes needs to angle down which starts to interfer with water plumbing etc, but on the whole not problems.

This is my Small block 408 under the hood of my 75 dar with around 1/2" clearance on the closest partright at the throttle body.

The only close-up pic I have already on the web:
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/zbhansen/temp/HydroboostFromSide.JPG

Mine is a Weiand SB tunnel ram base with a custom made plenum.
© 2024 Moparts Forums