Moparts

SixPack Aircleaner Spacer

Posted By: dart4forte

SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 03:47 AM

I need to raise my sixpack aircleaner to clear my distributor and fuel rail. Does anyone make a 1" spacer that will fit the holly carbs?
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 04:35 AM

You could use carb spacers but that wouldn't help fuel rail clearance...
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 06:02 AM

Hi John

check out Speedway Motors.. they have a Speedway Sure Seal O Ring that may work..

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 07:01 AM

Quote:

Hi John

check out Speedway Motors.. they have a Speedway Sure Seal O Ring that may work..

I did, I need one for each carb. Those are for single 4 barrels carbs.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 07:06 AM

You can put spacers under the carbs but then you need to dink with the throttle linkage and the return spring.

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 07:26 AM

Quote:

You can put spacers under the carbs but then you need to dink with the throttle linkage and the return spring.

I thought about that however I really don't want to change the signal to the carbs.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 01:57 PM

triple up on the D air cleaner to carb gaskets?
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 02:32 PM

someone on epay sells a billet 6pak spacer - looks like a nice piece - don't know how effective it is - try a search - sometimes it's up there...ooops just realized your question - after my coffee - this is for raising the carbs higher off of the intske - not raising the aircleaner- sorry
Posted By: PAINT IT BLACK

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 03:25 PM

If you can't find what you're looking for, I can make you a 6bbl air cleaner base with extra material at the carb openings. pm me if it comes to that.

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 06:04 PM

Quote:

someone on epay sells a billet 6pak spacer - looks like a nice piece - don't know how effective it is - try a search - sometimes it's up there...ooops just realized your question - after my coffee - this is for raising the carbs higher off of the intske - not raising the aircleaner- sorry

No raising the aircleaner off the top of the carb. This item was on E-bay? The reasopn for me wanting to do this is to get the base off the distributor and off the top of the carb. I'm running the Demon sixpack setup and they want you to mod the base by cutting it.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 06:26 PM

I have 1/2" spacers under my carbs because the center one has meth jets in it. Why does your lid hit the fuel line? did you install it upside down? Mine drops way down and isn't even close. If you raise the air cleaner you are going to put it into the hood. I had zero room w/ my stock hood so I had to go get a glass cowl hood.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 06:37 PM

Quote:

I have 1/2" spacers under my carbs because the center one has meth jets in it. Why does your lid hit the fuel line? did you install it upside down? Mine drops way down and isn't even close. If you raise the air cleaner you are going to put it into the hood. I had zero room w/ my stock hood so I had to go get a glass cowl hood.

He has demon carbs , fuel inlet is in a different location than the standard Holley carb.

Sounds like something easy to whip up if you have access to a CNC.

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 06:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

He has demon carbs , fuel inlet is in a different location than the standard Holley carb.

Yeah, that's it. I know some CNC shops locally but it would be too costly
Sounds like something easy to whip up if you have access to a CNC.

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 07:06 PM

What if you made your own fuel line? I'd be careful rasiing anything as the intake is tall already. Another 1/2 inch and you won't be able to close the hood.

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 07:56 PM

It is a lowdeck motor with an airgrabber so I need at least and inch raised to get the aircleaner in the correct position

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 08:33 PM

Quote:

It is a lowdeck motor with an airgrabber so I need at least and inch raised to get the aircleaner in the correct position

I'd have a based fabbed up then. Not sure you can "space" an entire inch out.

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 08:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sure you could , make a spacer that looks like the gasket , we have a prototrak on a bridgeport , make a drawing and crank out 3 in a heartbeat ... ok maybe 2 heartbeats ...

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 08:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sure you could , make a spacer that looks like the gasket , we have a prototrak on a bridgeport , make a drawing and crank out 3 in a heartbeat ... ok maybe 2 heartbeats ...

well I couldn't do it with my current table saw...lol

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 08:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There you go , make it from wood using a router

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 11:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There you go , make it from wood using a router

I was thinking of going that route, making the spacers out of wood. The challange would be getting the 1" I need

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/22/11 11:58 PM

Quote:

Like I said the motor is a low deck stroker with the airgrabber
Posted By: WICKD6PK

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/23/11 12:54 AM

promax makes a 6pk fuel line that isnt a "rail" type that may work for the fuel lines..but the dist i dunno.I had the same prob i used promaxs 6 pk line and 1" spacers under the carbs but i am using a 6 pk hood as well
Posted By: craigsmytcudas

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/23/11 02:43 AM

I just went to home depot and bought 1x30 aluminum strap and wraped it around a plywood buck pilled from a gasket then welded the ends ,less than 2hrs worked great .

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/23/11 05:27 PM

Quote:

promax makes a 6pk fuel line that isnt a "rail" type that may work for the fuel lines..but the dist i dunno.I had the same prob i used promaxs 6 pk line and 1" spacers under the carbs but i am using a 6 pk hood as well

Thanks. Took a look at that and it may interfere with the linkage. The fuel inlet and linkage are all on the same side.
Posted By: WICKD6PK

Re: SixPack Aircleaner Spacer - 02/24/11 12:59 AM

do ya have a pic of the side where the linkage and rail is? the line from promax hugs the carbs pretty close
© 2024 Moparts Forums