Moparts

is tti exaust worth the money

Posted By: bigblockbryan

is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 06:19 PM

okay i was thinking about buying tti exaust for my 65 fury 3 inch is it worth the money and how easy is the install also anyone reccomand. Any good headers besides the tti for a 65 fury thanks bryan

Attached picture 6462450-30635_388089791081_593006081_4508503_5891239_n.jpg
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 06:29 PM

Not sure on the headers because those 65's are a little wacky. But as far as exhaust a decent exhaust shop can bend you up and hang a 3" system for 1/2 the cost of TTi. And you don't have to turn a wrench. And do you need 3"?
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 06:55 PM

Yes if TTI say it will fit it will.
best headers for street strip in my opinion.
Dynomax makes the best mufflers bar none!
Posted By: stumpy

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 07:01 PM

I agree with getting the local muffler shop to run an exhaust system for half the TTI cost and 2 1/2" is plenty big enough for most cars. That's what I have on the truck with the 408 stroker and it works fine. Turbo style mufflers give it a nice sound.
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 07:20 PM

Quote:

Not sure on the headers because those 65's are a little wacky. But as far as exhaust a decent exhaust shop can bend you up and hang a 3" system for 1/2 the cost of TTi. And you don't have to turn a wrench. And do you need 3"?

I totally agree. Also bigger isn't always better.
Posted By: rabid scott

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 07:43 PM

No, not in my book. I can buy headers and get my whole system done for what TTI gets just for their headers.

I've heard good things about Summit's exhaust kits, but I've never used them personally.

Posted By: Keith BlackĀ®

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 07:47 PM

TTI = great quality product
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 08:00 PM

NO

BB car? If you are looking for headers, try Dougs D451 for B engine, D452 for RB engines IIRC. That's still a B body...

tti has been jacking people for a LONG time on pricing IMO.

And if tti says they fit... they might not... A body 4 speed guys know what I'm talking about.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 08:05 PM

A custom system from a GOOD exhaust man is far better than any pre-bent system. Cheaper than many too!
Trick is FINDING the good exhaust man!!! Ask around, they ARE out there.
Posted By: Viol8r

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 08:09 PM

Nope. Go with Hedman's(fitment and price) and build your own exhaust. You don't need anything more than 1¾" headers unless you pushing serious power. Especially for the street, they tend give you a little more bottom end feel.

You can order pre-made over the axle bends so you maybe save a little cash at the exhaust shop.

TTI= good product but wayyyy too much $$.

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 08:15 PM

Quote:

No, not in my book. I can buy headers and get my whole system done for what TTI gets just for their headers.

I've heard good things about Summit's exhaust kits, but I've never used them personally.

I have a Sumitt 3" kit on my car w/ their turbo mufflers sounds good. Fit was good for what you pay. They are made to fit a bunch of years/models so you do have to do some tweaking. I paid a guy to tuck and weld them up tight. Still had far less in them than the TTi's
Posted By: rapom

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 08:34 PM

Ditto what the guy above said.
Posted By: dusterbd13

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 08:40 PM

nope. not worth it. (a-body 4 speed that i had to fab a z-bar, clearance my bellhousing, ding the tubes, and then with the 3 inch had to dent my gas tank.)

if i had to do it over again, id go 2 1/2 inch. the 3 inch is nice, but too loud for a street car that des a lot of highway drving.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/07/11 08:42 PM

We should start a nationwide list of "Good Exhaust Guys" that do a nice job bending and welding pipe.
I would sure like to know one within 50 miles of my area.(Warren/Youngstown, Ohio)

By the time the exhaust reaches the rear axle it has cooled down and contracted conciderably. I would concider buying 2 1/2" mandrel bent tailpipes and then have someone bend up 3" frontpipes.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 12:05 AM

Do I think TTI is worth it? YES.
It took 15 years to afford it for me.
I have installed 2 complete systems on both my cars now and it fit perfect, sounds great and don't leak. I had 1 system now for 10 years and it is still very solid. Can you get that at a local shop? Maybe if you have a good one nearby. Will his pipes last as long as TTI?, I doubt it. Will it sound like a TTI system? I doubt it.
TTI pipes and headers are thicker steel which make the exhaust sound great, not tinny, I noticed it right away after replacing my cheap thin headers.

What I like about the TTI stuff is it is complete with EVERYTHING needed. Great for a guy who hates to depend on other people to make his stuff sound nice and don't like to take his stuff to shops and leave it.

Everything in one box with no extra trips to the parts store is worth alot to me. No welding and can be installed with reg hand tools. Great quaility clamps and hangers too!

My 340 system is 2 1/2" and my 440 system is 3" and both fit perfect with no rattles or leaks. It is so worth it everytime I drive them and someone rolls up next to me and loves the sound of my cars, I get told that almost everytime I drive em.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 12:32 AM

Would I persoannly pay for TTI's ? , doubt it.

But my customer just bought everything from exhaust manifold to stainless pre-welded tips for his Hemi cuda.
Exterior is ceramic coated, thermal bearier insulated insides .
total was just over $1800,,, he picked it up from Ben at Promax.

he's happy and thats all I'm worried about.

I'll have the car back on the lift by the end of the week,, Then I'll know how good or bad it fits
Posted By: demon

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 12:32 AM

Quote:

okay i was thinking about buying tti exaust for my 65 fury 3 inch is it worth the money and how easy is the install also anyone reccomand. Any good headers besides the tti for a 65 fury thanks bryan

I have installed 6 TTI systems on B And A bodies. I have one on my own Runner too. My opinion? Best money spent. TTI stuff is super quality and compared to the exhaust systems I have had done locally, almost the same price but way better.
I highly recommend TTI.
I also recommend Accurate in Oregon. Super products and super guys to deal with.
They have the best stainless tips and very affordable too.
I like to use TTI systems and Accurate tips and hangers on all my restos.

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 12:36 AM

Quote:

Would I persoannly pay for TTI's ? , doubt it.

But my customer just bought everything from exhaust manifold to stainless pre-welded tips for his Hemi cuda.
Exterior is ceramic coated, thermal bearier insulated insides .
total was just over $1800,,, he picked it up from Ben at Promax.

he's happy and thats all I'm worried about

I bought the same coatings for my headers in 2005 and the whole thing wasn't that much. I have the reciept in a file, I'll look to see.

Forgot about the thermal coating inside which does keep the under hood temps down and vapor lock away on my cars. Great product, TTI

3" tips

My 10 year old system on my 74 right after I got home from driving the car for over 45 miles on the Bonneville salt flats, over 5 miles of it at 120 mph!! Still no leaks or rattles.

I'll let you know if they rust off since this trip come spring. lol I pressure washed everything clean and lubed everything up after the salt.

Posted By: DANA60

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 01:44 AM

The TTI exhaust was a simp to put in. I know they make a Mid sixties B Big Block header as well. Yeah I like the exhaust.

Attached picture 6463226-IMG_1515.jpg
Posted By: 68Cbarge

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 01:53 AM

From a C body owner's perspective,the TTi's for your Fury are worth every penny.Go with the Dynomax mufflers included in the kit.
I installed my system in 2006 with no hassles.
No rattles or clunks.
Just a nice deep tone and no resonating inside the car.
I went with the 2-1/2" system which was plenty for my warmed over 440.
The 3" system will be louder and will have a tighter fit.

Posted By: terzmo

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 02:00 AM

TTI IS expensive but they matched the pipes to My exhaust manifolds and one couldn't ask for a better system. 3 inch are for show on a street(but who looks)...2 1/2 is plenty for Your car...BUT DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
Posted By: bigblockbryan

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 08:53 PM

i think im gonna go with tti with just my mainfolds headers are pretty pricey rather save a little cash for my 70 runner build. Next but you guys answered everything i wanted too ill be going with 2.5 inch possibly a x pipe if availble for the c body

Attached picture 6464502-62399_431274111081_593006081_5647853_1084425_n.jpg

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 09:23 PM

they show only an H pipe I think but it's fine. Pop for 3 inch makes a few more HP but is there if you pop up in Hp and or Cubic inch down the road!
Posted By: GLR

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 09:38 PM

I have put on TTI exhaust systems on to customer cars and they have went on good with no problems. If you don't have a lift and are planning on doing the exhaust yourself then one of the exhaust kit companys are the way to go. The last few cars that I have done I bought the Summit kits and the "X" pipe kit and put them on but you have to do a little more bending and time on them to make them look right. 2 1/2 " pipe with an "X" pipe kit is usually pleanty for the street and occasional strip use. The picture below is an exhaust kit from Summit- including there "x" PIPE
kit and attached to Dougs Headers.

Attached picture 6464556-Keithsexhaustfrontview.jpg
Posted By: moparphillie

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 09:39 PM

High quality parts... BUT Terrible Tech Support from Mike & Sam.
Posted By: Boosted

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/08/11 09:45 PM

A friend has 4 sets of the TTI headers for his b series BB cars.. Everyone has to be dinged to make them work... If I am going to ding a set of headers I would rather do a set that cost 250 then a set that os over 600...

I run 3 1/2 wxhaust on the Challenger.. I like it loud and in your face style..

I just sent the paper work in for the cars personalized tag that reads

1BADMFR

Posted By: dangina

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 12:21 AM

bump for some videos at idle and at while driving - looking into this setup for my runner...

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 01:01 AM

Quote:

bump for some videos at idle and at while driving - looking into this setup for my runner...

short video of my 340 car.

Another...short one.

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 01:16 AM

Quote:

I have put on TTI exhaust systems on to customer cars and they have went on good with no problems. If you don't have a lift and are planning on doing the exhaust yourself then one of the exhaust kit companys are the way to go. The last few cars that I have done I bought the Summit kits and the "X" pipe kit and put them on but you have to do a little more bending and time on them to make them look right. 2 1/2 " pipe with an "X" pipe kit is usually pleanty for the street and occasional strip use. The picture below is an exhaust kit from Summit- including there "x" PIPE
kit and attached to Dougs Headers.

I have to point out that your pipes and mufflers hang down below the floor boards. Not so good for ground clearance.

I think TTI pipes tuck up inside the drive shaft tunnel better on some models whichs keeps the pipes protected. Look at my pictures above, none of the pipes are hanging below where my sissor lift can damage them. They fit great, like everyone says.
Posted By: terzmo

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 01:49 AM

Quote:

they show only an H pipe I think but it's fine. Pop for 3 inch makes a few more HP but is there if you pop up in Hp and or Cubic inch down the road!

for the cost difference the jump to 3 inch is tossing money out,plus it's alot tighter fit

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 02:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

for the cost difference the jump to 3 inch is tossing money out,plus it's alot tighter fit

I agree, 2 1/2" is plenty unless you got a large, large motor.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 02:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree, 2 1/2" if plenty unless you got a large, large motor.

And your chances of ending up with a headache-inducing drone probably triple with a 3" over 2.5".
Posted By: 71383beep

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 02:55 PM

Another vote for the TTI setup.

i used their 1 7/8" headers and 2.5" X pipe system w/ dynomax mufflers on my 383. The only drilling I had to do was for the right side exhaust mount under the rear seat. I hung the whole exhaust on my back with the car on jack stands...very easy to do. I did take it to a local muffler shop so they could weld on the tips and tighten everything up. They only needed to push on one of the tailpipes a bit to line it up in the valance better. They even were very impressed with the setup.

The headers fit better than any other headers I have used. I did have issues with the #3 tube burning wires and they sent me a new left header and requested the old one back...so no issues with customer service for me.

Car at idle...

Car driving through int...
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 05:55 PM

Glad to see this thread. I am thinking of ordering the TTI system for by '65 B-body. I have to decide:

1) 2.5" or 3"? Motor is a 493, dynoed at 586 HP, 620 ft/lbs
2) H pipe or X pipe? What are the pros and cons of each?

Also, does anyone know if the US Cartool "bolt to the crossmember" driveshaft loop will work with the TTI exhaust (either H or X tube)?
Posted By: urdustd

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 06:16 PM

RamRod-
Personally I think you are on the verge of needing a 3" system. If it's only for street or the occasional trip to SIR you might want to stay with a 2.5".
H-pipe will give you a deeper, old muscle car sound. The x-pipe will be higher pitched, but it really quieted mine down. Some also claim a little more HP with the x-pipe and a little more low end torque with an H-pipe.
No personal experience with the drive shaft loop, but I heard 2nd hand that it hits the exhaust.
Posted By: 383man

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 06:51 PM

I have Hedman 1-3/4 headers on my 63 now and I made the 3" system on it. I bough the universal H-pipe from summit and then bought 4 ft lenths of 3" pipe and mig welded my system up. But I am building a new eng and I just got my complete 3" X-pipe system from TTI and the 2" nickle coated headers from TTI. What a great product they sell. The 3" system looks great and everything comes with it to hook right up to the headers. So I had the money and I am glad I bought the TTI system. I paid $690 for the headers and $589 for the complete exhaust less mufflers as I will use my Ultra-Flow mufflers. Yes TTI is pricey but it is a quality system worth the money if you can afford it. Ron
Posted By: Keith BlackĀ®

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 08:31 PM

I vote for TTI

Attached picture 6466391-DSC00901(s).jpg
Posted By: Paul_B

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/09/11 09:28 PM

I like my TTI's. Worked great and not a single modification was required to fit. I've got 2-1/8" headers and 3" H-Pipe Setup. Even though it was pricey, it was well worth it.
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 12:24 AM

Quote:

NO

BB car? If you are looking for headers, try Dougs D451 for B engine, D452 for RB engines IIRC. That's still a B body...

tti has been jacking people for a LONG time on pricing IMO.

And if tti says they fit... they might not... A body 4 speed guys know what I'm talking about.

DOUGS
Posted By: DennisH

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 01:15 PM

Dynonmax behind the TTI's thermal ceramic. Even in the United States of Wisconsin. Get that car on some pavement.

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 03:52 PM

Quote:

Glad to see this thread. I am thinking of ordering the TTI system for by '65 B-body. I have to decide:

Also, does anyone know if the US Cartool "bolt to the crossmember" driveshaft loop will work with the TTI exhaust (either H or X tube)?

Definatly 3"!!! A 3 inch over a 2.5 is actually 44% bigger That is a lot of flow man. The hp loss difference is quite substantial and At about the same money??? guess on your motor a 2.5" system will cost you 60 hp over open and a 3" will cost you 20 hp over open!!!

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 06:05 PM

No way you lose 60hp on a 2 1/2 from an open. A 3" isn't necessary unless you have the engine built for all out performance.

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 06:21 PM

My last 2.5 dynomax on a 452 iron head moter duals cost me 5 tenths in the quarter a change to 3" gained me .4 and only cost .1 closed! you know not of what you speak

Once at a midus muffler 2.5 turbo muffler system that cost almost .9

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 06:58 PM

bang Problem solved. Ease of a 2.5 system and no power loss at the track.

Attached picture 6468140-sum-670136.jpg

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 07:20 PM

Quote:

My last 2.5 dynomax on a 452 iron head moter duals cost me 5 tenths in the quarter a change to 3" gained me .4 and only cost .1 closed! you know not of what you speak

I know exactly of what I speak. You seem to have missed the last part of my statement. There is no way a basic stock motor will lose 60 hp between open and 2 1/2" exhaust.
Posted By: Boosted

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 07:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I know exactly of what I speak. You seem to have missed the last part of my statement. There is no way a basic stock motor will lose 60 hp between open and 2 1/2" exhaust.

Stumpy.. The poster said he had a 493... Over 500hp... not a basic stock motor....

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 07:59 PM

Quote:

bang Problem solved. Ease of a 2.5 system and no power loss at the track.

But I want it all everywhere!

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 08:15 PM

I didn't see the quote and didn't realize the post had been hijacked.

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 08:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Stumpy.. The poster said he had a 493... Over 500hp... not a basic stock motor....

Please show me where on this post the op said that.

RAM ROD stated he had 493...not the OP. I think the OP's car is a fairly stock 440 and 3" would be over-kill.
Posted By: 1962Savoy

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 09:37 PM

Quote:

go with the H pipe and 3 inch system. Its easier to put in a drive shaft loop with the H pipe.! H pipe also sounds better IMHO!

Attached picture 6468390-mycarbackfromtheheadliner025.JPG
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/10/11 09:49 PM

I say no. I have Hooker Super Comps on my Charger (that were free). I also have a cutom home built complete 3-1/2 X pipe exhaust with Series 40 Flowmaster reduced down to 3" after the mufflers up over the axle thru the stock tips. I re-used my stock tips & just cut the 2-1/4' portion of it off & welded the rest of the tip onto the 3" pipe with stock hangers. I made the X-pipe myself & used mandrel bends for everything. I have about $170.00 into my whole system.
Posted By: kdtjb

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/11/11 04:35 AM

TTI are fine but, the day you get them mock them up on a head and make sure you can get a spark plug socket on all your plugs. Also make sure you have 3/8 inch minimum clearance between your spark plug boot and the header, 1/2 inch to spark plug it self. DO NOT WAIT PASSED THER 90 DAY period. I have bought many sets of TTIs, and have got more than one set that I had to beat up. My own fault, I waited too long. P.S. there isn't a spark plug boot made that can touch a header and not burn.
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/11/11 12:24 PM

Everyone I know who is running a TTI system is happy with it. I am only running the old TTI 3" H-Pipe system with the large super-turbo mufflers. This was after spending good money on a 3.5" muffler shop system with race bullet mufflers that dumped before the rear axle. The muffler shop system has badly crumpled bends, and the turn downs would blast debris off the ground right back up onto the rear axle and the bottom of the car. It also sounded like I was running uncapped mufflers, even after I installed the larger welded race mufflers. The TTI system fit, came with all the hangers, and reduced the exhaust noise to a tolarable level, and there was no difference in performance in my car which just runs 12.5 in Denver, but 11.80's @ 115 in Vegas.

I currently have Hooker 2" supercomp headers, but they don't fit worth a darn, and I can't get them to seal at the head. I may bite the bullet and get the TTI headers.

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/11/11 06:33 PM

Quote:

Everyone I know who is running a TTI system is happy with it. I am only running the old TTI 3" H-Pipe system with the large super-turbo mufflers. This was after spending good money on a 3.5" muffler shop system with race bullet mufflers that dumped before the rear axle. The muffler shop system has badly crumpled bends, and the turn downs would blast debris off the ground right back up onto the rear axle and the bottom of the car. It also sounded like I was running uncapped mufflers, even after I installed the larger welded race mufflers. The TTI system fit, came with all the hangers, and reduced the exhaust noise to a tolarable level, and there was no difference in performance in my car which just runs 12.5 in Denver, but 11.80's @ 115 in Vegas.

I currently have Hooker 2" supercomp headers, but they don't fit worth a darn, and I can't get them to seal at the head. I may bite the bullet and get the TTI headers.

The trick with those POS super comps (I had three sets before TTI Heaven) is to get the good fel pro header gaskets coat liberally on both sides with Hi temp RTV. Then just snug up and wait 1 hour. Then tighten leave over night, tighten again heat cycle and tighten again.
Then check for tight once every week or two!
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 12:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The trick with those POS super comps (I had three sets before TTI Heaven) is to get the good fel pro header gaskets coat liberally on both sides with Hi temp RTV. Then just snug up and wait 1 hour. Then tighten leave over night, tighten again heat cycle and tighten again.
Then check for tight once every week or two!

I think most of my hooker header problems is my engine configuration, Low deck 'B' block with Edelbrock Victor MW heads. They may fit better if using a 440 with stock location exhaust ports, which is their "specified" application.

TTI is about the only place that makes off-the-shelf headers specific for odd-ball block/head combinations like this.

Along time ago I had the regular smaller tube size hooker comp headers, on a 383 with 906 heads, and they fit great.
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 03:05 AM

Quote:

Video of my wife's Barracuda idling.

TTI 3" X-pipe system with Dynomax mufflers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZUOrMQQrY
Posted By: 67coronetman

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 03:19 AM

Killer headers.! i have them and love them but i also had to have them with the heads i run and block combo.! Very good quality i was very happy.!
Posted By: dangina

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 01:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Video of my wife's Barracuda idling.

TTI 3" X-pipe system with Dynomax mufflers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZUOrMQQrY

Yes! more of this!!
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 03:07 PM

No problem with this TTI system,worth every penny.Also,most muffler shops can't mandrel bend 3" pipe.I have a friend that had a local shop put 3" on a 64 Polara,both sides from the collector back are in three section welded together.There are some good shops but most around here wouldn't touch anything I own.Try and find a muffler shop that can duplicate TTI,I doubt you'll find one.

Attached picture 6471232-026S.JPG

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 04:07 PM

I think most people are forgetting that part of the equation.

I put a TTI system on my wife's car because I never intend to run it open headers. How it is raced is 100% how it is driven on the street. The system fits very well, for it's barely visible from a side profile.

I'll never say it was inexpensive, but I felt the car deserved it. With that said, would I put a $1000+ exhaust system on a $5k car? No.

Attached picture 6471312-DSC05380-1.jpg
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 04:56 PM

Another "yes" vote here for worth the money. Over the years I've put dozens of different brands of headers on different brands of cars. The tti's on my '62 convertible are the first ones I've ever installed that didn't require even one dent. The headers are 2" tube with 3" tti exhaust. Everything fit perfectly. The 1 3/4" tube Doug headers on my sedan are full of dents to clear pitman arm, steering coupler, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like the Doug headers they just require a little extra work.
Posted By: pnypwr

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 05:55 PM

well TTI is great unless your car is manufactured wrong like mine was...my 71 barracuda 440-6 the pipes hit everything but the lottery, the tips stuck out to far...a total waste of 1000 bux if you ask me. when I called they told me my car must be manufactured wrong and it couldnt possibly be thier tail pipes...have a local shop bend you a system and put the other 600 bux into something else

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 06:39 PM

62maxwgn -

Did you add those cut outs to the TTI sysytem?

Attached picture 6471542-cutouts.jpg

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 06:58 PM

Quote:

well TTI is great unless your car is manufactured wrong like mine was...my 71 barracuda 440-6 the pipes hit everything but the lottery, the tips stuck out to far...a total waste of 1000 bux if you ask me. when I called they told me my car must be manufactured wrong and it couldnt possibly be thier tail pipes...have a local shop bend you a system and put the other 600 bux into something else

I know of a few people that have said that about their installations, some of which that are very experienced with working on these cars. I found that on a couple of them, they tried to do the installation from the collectors on back, while we did ours from the tailpipes on forward. In our case, we did not have to do any cutting, just patience with a pry bar and keeping everything semi-loose to ensure the exhaust was where we liked it before we did the final tightening. It took a few hours to do it with the car up on jackstands. I'm sure it would have been much more pleasant on a lift. I will say the tips are not exactly centered in the rear valance, but that could be from it being a re-pop valance instead of original equipment. Or...a mixture of both.

I don't have any first hand experience with TTI headers, for my wife's car is running Hooker Comps and our other cars have fabricated headers.
Posted By: biginchmotor

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 07:13 PM

Blues Cuda, would you have any pictures of your TTI exhaust system that you could post? Thanks John.

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 07:47 PM

Quote:

Blues Cuda, would you have any pictures of your TTI exhaust system that you could post? Thanks John.

I came across this one if it helps.

Attached picture 6471614-DSC04388-1.jpg
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/12/11 09:12 PM

Quote:

62maxwgn -

Did you add those cut outs to the TTI sysytem?

Nope,came that way.All TTI.
From the back,fit like a glove,no bending ,no prying,just bolted it on.

Attached picture 6471716-P7070008.JPG
Posted By: 71Plym

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/14/11 08:20 PM

I put a TTI 3" exhaust system on the 71 Cuda. Used the TTI adapters to connect to the Hooker headers. After some initial installation frustration, a bit of jiggling and everything slipped into place as expected. Installed completely in my garage. For this car, it was worth the $$ to me.

Posted By: biginchmotor

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/15/11 03:23 AM

Thanks for the pictures...nice quality there, John.

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/28/11 05:56 AM

OK, I'll weigh in now as a full TTI system owner. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a TTI 3" exhaust system to mate with my TTI headers. I installed the exhaust system this weekend. As with the headers, everything fit perfectly. Super nice fit, nice and tight, close to the body with no rubbing anywhere. Bolted right in. I doubt an exhaust shop could build something as nice.
Posted By: 63stabamatic

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/28/11 02:23 PM

I have 2 TTI BB systems one with headers and one from stock manifolds. Great quality! I welded a couple places rather than use their giant clamps. The system from manifolds on my 69GTX does have an annoying resonance (drone) about 45MPH. Overall I'm pleased and they look great. The systems are 7 and 8 years old.

Jim
Posted By: Vert

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 02/28/11 02:49 PM

Quote:

Can't say on a 65, but I have a US Cartool driveshaft loop. It WILL NOT fit an e-body with TTi 3inch pipes and the X-pipe. Perhaps someone else can advise if it works with an H-pipe.

Re: is tti exaust worth the money - 03/01/11 05:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Can't say on a 65, but I have a US Cartool driveshaft loop. It WILL NOT fit an e-body with TTi 3inch pipes and the X-pipe. Perhaps someone else can advise if it works with an H-pipe.

I'm not 100% sure yet, but a quick test fit looks like the US Cartool loop is going to fit with the H pipe system I installed.
© 2024 Moparts Forums