Moparts

Repro Rim Blow Wheels

Posted By: solarguy

Repro Rim Blow Wheels - 02/06/11 02:48 PM

Saw these on Ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-74-CUD...sQ5fAccessories

Pics look pretty good. Has anyone seen one in person?

Comments:
Posted By: Dodge

Re: Repro Rim Blow Wheels - 02/06/11 05:32 PM

I'm going to buy one soon. Looks really nice. Kinda more than I want to spend on a wheel, but if I had one restored, it would be cheaper to buy this and everythings NEW.
Posted By: plumbeeper

Re: Repro Rim Blow Wheels - 02/06/11 07:37 PM

Somebody sent me one a few months back needing to have a new rimblow switch installed. It had a few issues that I would want addressed before I would buy it. They might have improved it since then, I don't know. I would definitely ask if there was some kind of warranty before I would spend that kind of money on it. You still would need a center cap to go with it.

Dave
Posted By: cogen80

Re: Repro Rim Blow Wheels - 02/06/11 07:38 PM

Quote:

Somebody sent me one a few months back needing to have a new rimblow switch installed. It had a few issues that I would want addressed before I would buy it. They might have improved it since then, I don't know. I would definitely ask if there was some kind of warranty before I would spend that kind of money on it. You still would need a center cap to go with it.

Dave

so what were the few issues?
Posted By: plumbeeper

Re: Repro Rim Blow Wheels - 02/06/11 08:25 PM

Lots of cracks in the black fingergrip.

Woodgrain is some type of soft wood with inconsistant coloring, not plastic.

Spokes had lots of imperfections, blemishes, shiney and dull areas. Appears to have been scuffed to blend the inconsistancy.

Groove had to be worked on to accept the rimblow switch.

Does not accept an original switch cover very well.
Posted By: cogen80

Re: Repro Rim Blow Wheels - 02/06/11 09:03 PM

sounds like a $500 pile of crap.
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Repro Rim Blow Wheels - 02/06/11 09:12 PM

I like the part that states...switch might not work and you need to solder it on....that means the switch does not work...that price is around what it cost to send yours out..depending on WHO you send it to....and WHAT kind of work it needs to freshen it up, but at least they will give you a working horn switch... I sent mine out...
Posted By: Dodge

Re: Repro Rim Blow Wheels - 02/06/11 09:23 PM

Don't most need everything, cracks-rusty spokes? How much and where?

Attached picture 6460813-Rim001(800x600).jpg
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: Repro Rim Blow Wheels - 02/06/11 09:28 PM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=1#Post6456161

FYI on the Rim Blows...
I'll pass. I have a nice one I am going to send it out,just have to decide where.....
© 2024 Moparts Forums