Moparts

Headlight Door Shaft Length

Posted By: Topher

Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/02/11 02:30 AM

What are the lengths of the shafts for the different years? 70, 71, 72, and so on?

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/03/11 02:20 AM

Anyone?
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/03/11 02:39 AM

What in the world is a headlight door shaft? And what car besides 68-70 Chargers had headlight doors? And no chargers in 71 72 or 73 had these doors....
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/03/11 02:42 AM

Your going to have to be more specific then that.

What Vehical, There are probably multible length shafts for each. Even then, I dont think a answer will be readily available. I couldnt even tell you the length of my 68,69 and 70 chargers,from back in the day. mike

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/03/11 06:09 AM

Quote:

What in the world is a headlight door shaft? And what car besides 68-70 Chargers had headlight doors? And no chargers in 71 72 or 73 had these doors....

The shaft that goes through the headlight motor and raises and lowers the headlight doors on Chargers, Furys, New Yorkers and so on. 68-9 were vacuum actuated, 70 went to electric motors, and Yes, 71 Chargers had them. I've rebuilt motors for 72 and 73s also. So, what are the lengths for the shaft for 70 and up cars?
Posted By: feets

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/03/11 07:07 PM

Do you think the Imperial shaft would be the same width as a Charger?

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/04/11 03:46 AM

Quote:

Good question. Is there a demand for these shafts? I have a guy needing one for a 70 Charger. I have one that's 31" long. I'm looking into having them made and thought about the likliehood of there being different lengths.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/04/11 04:19 AM

You can look in a parts book. If they are different part #'s and don't superceed to newer numbers more than likely they are different lengths.....
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/04/11 04:23 AM

Quote:

Good question. Is there a demand for these shafts? I have a guy needing one for a 70 Charger. I have one that's 31" long. I'm looking into having them made and thought about the likliehood of there being different lengths.
[guote]

Topher, I've used ones from Chrysler C bodies, which were longer, and cut them down to fit 70 Chargers,....I also tried using cold rolled steel bar stock, didn't last long, you'll need the rods to have a spring steel temper, esp the 71-2 Charger set-ups, as the cast doors are heavy in comparison to the 70 Charger doors,...might I suggest a one length rod, that the customer cut down for their application, as the "square" shape/profile is all the same from what I've seen from B, to C, to R body concealed motor driven headlite doors

Mike
Posted By: therocks

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/04/11 01:41 PM

I gave a motor and shaft to my kids friend for his Charger.Its still working after 15 years.I had probally 5 or 6 setups at one time.Rocky

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/04/11 02:13 PM

Good idea on looking in a parts book Unfortunately I don't have any for these years. I do have a friend, Odzking, that's a parts number guru

I do like the idea of making it longer and allowing them to be cut to fit. How much longer are the C-body rods? 2"-3".
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/04/11 04:15 PM

Also, the 78-79 Magnums used the same setup, and maybe even the late 80's/early 90's Lebarons.

Re: Headlight Door Shaft Length - 02/26/11 06:05 PM

Does anyone have a headlight door they're not using? I need one for fitment purposes. Not real particular about the shape, or the year.
© 2024 Moparts Forums