Moparts

ERR on a factory CD player

Posted By: Russ

ERR on a factory CD player - 01/24/11 03:12 PM

I put a CD in,and It says ERR on the face,and spits It back out,anybody know how to fix it,Is there a CD cleaner disc I can use?
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/24/11 03:24 PM

Are you trying to play a CDR or CDRW? Some disc players won't read them. Try a pre recorded disc to see if it works.
Also, disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, reconnect to see if the ERR clears.

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/24/11 03:28 PM

just a regular music CD,I disconnecting the battery,and tried It again,and still comes up ERR.Sometimes when I put a CD In,It just sits In there and does nothing,and I have to hit the eject button to bring It back out.
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/24/11 05:07 PM

Just that particular CD, or any CD you try?
Posted By: stumpy

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/24/11 05:25 PM

You can buy a cd lens cleaner kit at most anywhere that sells CD players. The same kit works on DVD players also.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/24/11 07:47 PM

Sometimes if you hit the button to advance the CD to the next song, or backwards to the end, will clear it.

If they're copies, that sometimes gives them fits.

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/25/11 12:39 AM

Quote:

I tried 6 different Cds,and all do the same,I put the same CDs In another player,and they worked fine
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/25/11 01:16 AM

Obviously your car does not like your taste in music...
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/25/11 02:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I tried 6 different Cds,and all do the same,I put the same CDs In another player,and they worked fine

Sounds like trying the CD cleaner, and/or blowing some compressed air in there.

The CD would get stuck and not eject on my GF's Ferd Escape. Had to pop the radio out of the dash and put white grease on the moving parts. You could see shiny metal where rubbing was occuring.
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/25/11 02:50 AM

Russ:

9 times out of 10, a super easy fix:

Pull out the head unit and take the casing apart to gain access to the "eye". Grab some Q-tips, dip them in clear rubbing alcohol and swab the glass lens of the eye. Wipe with lint-free cloth. Worked for me on every CD player I ever had.

However, if you listen to country, NOTHING will improve the music.

Posted By: slantzilla

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/25/11 03:28 AM

The one in the ex-wife's PT Cruiser did that. Chrysler replaced it under warranty.

The way they acted when she took it in, it must have been fairly common.
Posted By: dodgepaul

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/25/11 08:49 AM

I had the same issue, go to your favorite electronics store and buy a CD/DVD cleaner. Put it in a problem solved.

Re: ERR on a factory CD player - 01/25/11 02:30 PM

Thanks for all the tips,I'll go and get a cleaner disc,and If that's doesn't work,i'll take the case apart and clean it
And Oz,just because you listen to the soundtrack of "The March Of The Penguins" Doesn't mean I don't have good taste In music!!
Now where Is my Saturday Night Fever Albumn,I know It's here somewhere!
© 2024 Moparts Forums