Moparts

Any Quality motor mounts out there

Posted By: Charger727

Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/29/10 04:46 PM

Is it possible to find some decent quality motor mounts on this planet?

Looking for 73 A-body small block, I don't want poly, and I am not impressed with the made-in-india mounts all the regular parts houses carry

Thanks
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/29/10 06:29 PM

We put Schumacher mounts on Tim's 427 engine. I like them better than parts store mounts.

Attached picture 6384422-pull.jpg
Posted By: Charger727

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/29/10 06:46 PM

Thanks Andy - I saw the Schumachers, but was concerned about the vibration from poly - you think they are acceptable in that respect?
Posted By: ahy

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/29/10 07:24 PM

Another vote for Schumacher's. I'd use the failsafe or interlocking type on the drivers side. They used to have both rubber and poly. I don't know now but wouldn't sweat the poly.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/29/10 08:30 PM

I actually can't say anything about vibration. Tim's car is noisy (no carpet, no sound deadening) and harsh (monster torsion bars, stiff shocks) so the poly engine mounts don't register!
Posted By: Gavin

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/29/10 09:20 PM

Try the mitymounts - they have a lockup feature but are rubber so not the harshness of the poly.
Posted By: Chilort

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/29/10 10:46 PM

I broke a stud off a Schumacher mount while just getting it snug before I applied the proper torque. It wasn't one of their special mounts though but something that was supposed to be a factory replacement.

I don't know what you are working on but Polybushings.com is an almost all Mopar company with really great customer service. They mostly do oddball stuff that none else makes.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/29/10 11:08 PM

I've run poly engine mounts before and didn't notice any additional harshness. Do solid mounts on both sides and that's another story...

Quote:

I broke a stud off a Schumacher mount while just getting it snug before I applied the proper torque. It wasn't one of their special mounts though but something that was supposed to be a factory replacement.

I don't know what you are working on but Polybushings.com is an almost all Mopar company with really great customer service. They mostly do oddball stuff that none else makes.

I've bought from polybushings.com before. He's a good guy to work with(can't remember his name off hand). But he mostly deals with the 80's fwd mopar stuff.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/29/10 11:11 PM

73 a body uses a spool mount if it's original.
Posted By: donbarnes

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/29/10 11:15 PM

Schumacher sells a torque strap that goes a long way toward making any mount last- runs from the corner of the head down to the k-frame on the drivers side. I made my own several years ago with an old hollow fender brace, a piece of 5/8 all-thread, and a $10 pair of rubber strut rod type bushings from the parts store- looks great and haven't had a motor mount fail since..
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/30/10 12:21 AM

I haven't bought any mounts in several years, but I do know that Summit has poly replacements for the spool mounts. If you find mounts made in Korea, they are much better than ones made in India. I'd like to see some made here in North America again, though.

I did buy some LCA bushings at NAPA a few weeks ago and they were made in Mexico, so maybe motor mounts are to follow..........
Posted By: StukaJU87

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/30/10 01:18 AM

Quote:

If you find mounts made in Korea, they are much better than ones made in India.

The ones I bought from RockAuto for my 440 say "Korea" on them and I was wondering about the quality considering they were pretty inexpensive.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/30/10 02:17 AM

Your about a month late.I just sold a set of NAPA mounts for oner that I bought probally 15 years ago.They were USA made and brand new.A fellow Moparts member got them for less than 30 bucks shipped.Rocky
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/30/10 02:49 AM

Im running a moroso solid on the drivers side and a standard parts store rubber on the pass. A little more vibration than with both rubbers, but not much. Motor stays right where its supposed to!
Posted By: Chilort

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/30/10 09:12 PM

Quote:

I've run poly engine mounts before and didn't notice any additional harshness. Do solid mounts on both sides and that's another story...

Quote:

I've bought from polybushings.com before. He's a good guy to work with(can't remember his name off hand). But he mostly deals with the 80's fwd mopar stuff.

His name is Johnny (... "and it may be a sin"..., sorry I couldn't help myself). He's getting into a lot more stuff though his major market is '80s FWD Dodges. But a man can't make a living off just market alone but I'll save that rant for another time.

Johnny will often make stuff as well if he sees a demand and I wish he would go more into this market.
Posted By: solarguy

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/31/10 12:07 AM

The Mag Mounts from mancini are nice, as are the mity mounts. they are both rubber with anti blowout feature. bisquit style
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/31/10 05:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

His name is Johnny (... "and it may be a sin"..., sorry I couldn't help myself). He's getting into a lot more stuff though his major market is '80s FWD Dodges. But a man can't make a living off just market alone but I'll save that rant for another time.

Johnny will often make stuff as well if he sees a demand and I wish he would go more into this market.

Yes, Johnny, that's his name! I have his poly adjustable bobble strut in my daytona. Good guy to deal with and good products, I'd use him more if he did more old mopar stuff.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Any Quality motor mounts out there - 12/31/10 10:28 AM

I'm using poly Schumacher mounts on my 360 and didn't notice an more vibration than before the switch.
© 2024 Moparts Forums