Moparts

'05 Neon "Oil" Lamp

Posted By: DartGTDan

'05 Neon "Oil" Lamp - 12/14/10 02:53 PM

My daily driver 2005 Neon SE (60,000 miles) has an issue with the oil lamp coming on when first started. Oil capacity is full and clean (even at the 3000 mile oil change). It seems to happen more regularly now that it is COLD in the mornings. After a shut down and restart the lamp goes out. Bad sensor/switch? Any ideas?
Posted By: therocks

Re: '05 Neon "Oil" Lamp - 12/14/10 05:54 PM

Might be the switch.Then it could be the pump not putting enough pressure to it.Id change it as they are cheap.That or if you have a mechanical gauge test it.Thats the best solution.Rocky
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: '05 Neon "Oil" Lamp - 12/14/10 06:08 PM

try a new oil pressure switch first, also clean the the plug on connector
Posted By: formula_s

Re: '05 Neon "Oil" Lamp - 12/14/10 11:42 PM

My '05 Neon does the same thing since last winter. Always on the first startup.Rest of the day its fine
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: '05 Neon "Oil" Lamp - 12/15/10 03:11 AM

my 97 pressure switch died, I'd replace the switch
Posted By: mjk5thave

Re: '05 Neon "Oil" Lamp - 12/15/10 03:43 AM

Its the switch. Did mine last week boy what fun to get to oh switch is around 12 to 20 dollars depends on where you get it
Posted By: JCCuda

Re: '05 Neon "Oil" Lamp - 12/17/10 04:45 PM

My daughter's 04 had the same problem. Changed the sender and it was good for about 8 months.
It just started doing it again so I guess it need's to be replaced again but thinking of putting in a mechanical gauge. On a different note regarding Neon's, her's will stall on occasion when she turns her defroster on. Of course I have not been able to get it to do it when I try. It started shortly after I replaced the eng. cooling fan assy. with a new one from NAPA. Any Idea's?
Posted By: C-Tech

Re: '05 Neon "Oil" Lamp - 12/17/10 07:00 PM

Quote:

Might be the switch.Then it could be the pump not putting enough pressure to it.Id change it as they are cheap.That or if you have a mechanical gauge test it.Thats the best solution.Rocky

One more vote for the switch
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: '05 Neon "Oil" Lamp - 12/19/10 02:07 AM

Quote:

On a different note regarding Neon's, her's will stall on occasion when she turns her defroster on. Of course I have not been able to get it to do it when I try. It started shortly after I replaced the eng. cooling fan assy. with a new one from NAPA. Any Idea's?

Her A/C compressor clutch is either on it's way out or the compressor is close to being locked up. When the defrost is turned in, the A/C turns on, and it'll kill the engine if the comp. is locked up. Unplug the power to the comp. and fix it in spring.
© 2024 Moparts Forums