Moparts

PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel

Posted By: alraton

PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/02/10 10:04 PM

Anyone out there have any experience with the dash bezel reproductions that PG Classic is marketing?

Thanks.
Posted By: klunick

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/02/10 10:10 PM

They are pretty much the same ones that BEA is offering. Mike, at BEA is the person to talk to as you avoid any problems with international shipping. Mike is also great to deal with. I have assembled one for my 67 Barracuda and it looks unbelievable. It is not however an exact copy as you will need to remount the metal plate from your old bezel. It is not a problem, but one or two indents are changed so the plate did not mount exactly on the new one, like it did on the old OEM one. Not a big deal, no cutting or drilling required or anything like that. Certainly worth the investment and I have slid mine into the dash and everything lines up fine. I went with Autometer gauges so I cannot state that your old gauges will or will not fit as I didn't even give it a try but the dimensions measured the same if I recall.
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/02/10 10:30 PM

I have owned , raced and driven A & B body Mopars since 1960. It sure would be nice if when you refer to a dealer/manufacturer you would spell out the name. Who is BEA?
Posted By: RokketRide

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/02/10 10:33 PM

Quote:

I have owned , raced and driven A & B body Mopars since 1960. It sure would be nice if when you refer to a dealer/manufacturer you would spell out the name. Who is BEA?

http://www.beaparts.com/

I ordered mine from PG Classic, got a super deal off ebay. Similar experience as klunick mentioned, some minor shaving here and there to get everything to fit. I was not an exact duplicate of my original, but it looks fantastic.
Posted By: boomer

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/06/10 01:59 AM

Had a problem with seat covers from PG classics. They said ship them back and they would send new covers and reimburse me for shipping. It cost me $15 dollars to ship them back and they never reimbursed me. Talked to an Asian lady and she just kept blowing me off saying she would talk to billing..... Will never buy anything from them again
Posted By: moparrjm

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/07/10 02:25 AM

PG sent me the wrong item TWICE! Cost me $70 in shipping and never got a dime of it back. Ill never buy from them again.
Posted By: RokketRide

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/07/10 03:04 AM

Console top plate set I ordered from PG classic was packed in such a way that one piece gouged the chrome of the other. Let them know about it, promptly sent me a replacement at no charge and refunded my return shipping as soon as they received the part.

I've ordered from them many times always A+ service.
Posted By: ChickMaggot

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/07/10 03:41 AM

I bought some 73-76 Duster tail light bezels from PG Classics. Looked great outta the box. Couldn't get them to lay flush against the tail panel. Got my money back and bought NOS cheaper. Keep your $375+shipping and don't bother.
Posted By: JD340

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/07/10 05:43 AM

Quote:

PG sent me the wrong item TWICE! Cost me $70 in shipping and never got a dime of it back. Ill never buy from them again.

Why would you buy from PG when you're in Ohio, where BE&A is located? I LIVE in Canada, and it cost me LESS to have my stuff shipped up here from Ohio. That, and I had the pleasure of speaking with Mike, the owner of BE&A, great guy, hope to deal with hi again soon!
Posted By: ademon

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/07/10 07:52 AM

Getting back on the bezel, i hear they are very good quality, i need to order one for a 71, maybe a few more guys who have got them can chime in, they don't come with the gauge lens that has to be plastic solder on.
Posted By: MoparJunkie

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/07/10 03:22 PM

Hey guys... I agree that Mike from BEA is a great guy and sells great parts. I bought mine from Performance Car Graphics... They are great quality and pre bent for you!
Posted By: moparrjm

Re: PG Classics Barracuda Dash Bezel - 12/07/10 04:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Why would you buy from PG when you're in Ohio, where BE&A is located? I LIVE in Canada, and it cost me LESS to have my stuff shipped up here from Ohio. That, and I had the pleasure of speaking with Mike, the owner of BE&A, great guy, hope to deal with hi again soon!

First off I didn't know about BE&A, I was at Mopar Nationals and found the BE&A tent when I was walking through and bought it from them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums