Moparts

glass tube fuses adaptor

Posted By: Chal340

glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/02/10 09:54 AM

I would like to buy this kind of adaptor to replace all glass tube fuses, do you know where I could buy them. Thanks

Attached picture 6332680-fuseadaptor.jpg
Posted By: stumpy

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/02/10 05:58 PM

Local parts store electrical section.

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/02/10 08:40 PM

In USA yes but in France no, can you indicate me a store and i will buy them. Thanks
Posted By: gtx69

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/02/10 09:39 PM

What store as i have never seen them in the stores here.But that's something i would like to buy also.

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/02/10 09:47 PM

OOPs! I missed the fact your over there. Sorry about that.
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/02/10 10:04 PM

Quote:

I would like to buy this kind of adaptor to replace all glass tube fuses, do you know where I could buy them. Thanks

...I like that Idea too, I'll be looking also. That way we can also use the LED indicated blown fuses.

Attached picture 6333576-moparts-glasstubefusesadaptor_1291321540926.png

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/02/10 10:07 PM

We found a store that sold them ( http://jttproducts.com/showcase.shtml ), we bought a hundred, but it does not sell more. So if you know a store. I will be in the USA in L.A. and Las Vegas in April for the M.A.T.S., I'll buy 200 parts for our club.

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/04/10 10:37 PM

Quote:

Local parts store electrical section.

Stumpy still waiting on your reply as to the name of a store that sells these.

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/04/10 10:52 PM

After doing the online searching for you there is only the place they already went to. I have seem them but I guess they had to stop selling them do to saftey problems maybe or lack of buyers.
Posted By: Pool Fixer

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/04/10 11:03 PM

you could put crimp on female connectors onto this and clip it to the glass fuse holders.. kind of ghetto, but it would work.

I gotta ask why though. If more modern fuses are what you are after, you could change the fuse block to that type. The Mopar fuse block in our cars isn't that complicated.

Attached picture 6337756-Untitled.jpg
Posted By: sthemi

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/05/10 12:05 AM

There is also a circuit breaker type replacment for glass fuses, I used on in my 79 Truck...

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/05/10 01:08 AM

I have update my fuse box years ago.I have another car im working on but i don't want to rewire that one leaving box stock.Would like something easy to switch back to stock.Then who sells the circut breaker type?

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/05/10 03:16 AM

Quote:

I have update my fuse box years ago.I have another car im working on but i don't want to rewire that one leaving box stock.Would like something easy to switch back to stock.Then who sells the circut breaker type?

Yes,
it is similar to the fuse pic in the OP, however it has a circuit breaker that will reset when overloaded, simply snaps inplace of the fuse.
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/05/10 03:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes,
it is similar to the fuse pic in the OP, however it has a circuit breaker that will reset when overloaded, simply snaps inplace of the fuse.

...sthemi, is this the one/type you're talking about?

Attached picture 6338308-RockAutoPartsCatalog_1291516252811.png

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/05/10 04:01 AM

What's wrong with using the glass fuses. They work the same as the mini's do?

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/05/10 04:43 AM

Quote:

There is also a circuit breaker type replacment for glass fuses, I used on in my 79 Truck...

Who sells them?

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/05/10 04:51 AM

I know you can buy those at the parts stores because I saw them yesterday at O'Reillys. They come in different amps but I'm not sure what widths they come in. vato zone has them also. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accesso...omString=search

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/05/10 08:10 AM

Not exactly the same,
I bought them at Murray's, which is now O Reilly, about 6 yrs ago.
I will try to find a part number/ manufacturer tomorrow.
Posted By: Pool Fixer

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/05/10 03:02 PM

I found a different one. from american innovation corp. couldn't find a website. can't find any contact info though. thought I had it cause there is an american innovatin"S" corp with an s at the end... not the same..

It was shown on some car review website... with no reviews.
http://www.carreview.com/mfr/american-innovation-corp/misc-parts/PRD_412350_1599crx.aspx

Instead of searching for "glass fuse adapter" I had much better luck with "AGC to ATO fuse adapter"

Attached picture 6338892-aminnovationsfuseholder.jpg

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/05/10 06:24 PM

Yes, american corp innovation was the dealer where we bought this adapter but now it's closed.
The website is closed : http://www.aicorp.us/order/eShopping.htm

I sent an email to The best connection JTTproducts and they answered me that they had discontinued this part number.

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/06/10 11:46 AM

Quote:

Not exactly the same,

Sthemi, did you find the part number or the manufacturer?
Thanks

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/07/10 05:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Not exactly the same,

Sthemi, did you find the part number or the manufacturer?
Thanks

Buss/ little fuse
cbf breaker..
http://www.cooperbussmann.com/6/GlassTubeFuses.html

Attached picture 6342741-6b82d8a0-9412-4764-a1fd-b188efa5d896.jpg
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/07/10 03:51 PM

Quote:

are you trying to change them for availability in Europe or for another reason ?

availability in Europe, maybe not in car parts stores, but YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THEM at electronic shops ( kinda radioshack, or electronic parts shops where you buy integrated circuits, transistors etc... ). LOT OF Electrical devices use the same car units... big glass ones. I know mostly european electrical devices uses small ones, but still lot more use the big glass ones

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/07/10 09:44 PM

These glass tube fuses are difficult to change, you can break them by removing from the fuse box and you know it is always in the night or when it's raining that you have to remove it. . So it's easier with this adapter.

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 02/03/17 09:23 PM

Very old post but I found this adapter for blade fuse.
It's very expensive now but easier to change fuse after you put this adapter.

At Jegs :
http://www.jegs.com/i/RestoParts/759/CH30265/10002/-1

or here :
https://www.opgi.com/skylark/CH30265/

[img:center][/img]
Posted By: L.R Helbling

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 02/03/17 09:30 PM

There are these from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-CBF20-Replacement-Circuit-Breaker/dp/B00139FQLU
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 02/04/17 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By L.R Helbling

Much cheaper at RockAuto.

part numbers
CBF10 - 10 amp
CBF15 - 15 amp
CBF20 - 20 amp
CBF30 - 30 amp
Posted By: BDW

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 02/04/17 02:52 AM

Seems like a nice upgrade, but how often do you need to replace a fuse?

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 02/04/17 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By cnxt

Depends on how often you are in the bad part of town, at night, with it raining buckets and dead batteries in your flashlight. wink

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 02/04/17 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By Supercuda
Originally Posted By cnxt

Depends on how often you are in the bad part of town, at night, with it raining buckets and dead batteries in your flashlight. wink

Well if it's night and you don't have a flashlight, your not changing that ATM fuse either.....

On a side note, I wonder why they only specify it for GM?

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 02/04/17 04:59 AM

If you have the ATM fuse that lights up when it blows you could (built in LED).
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 04/29/20 09:45 AM

So which would be better, the breaker style or the blade adapter style?

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 04/29/20 12:11 PM

If you’re constantly changing blown fuses, breaker style.
I’d prefer the mini blade adapter, but can’t find those, might be discontinued?
Posted By: hemirdrnnr

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 04/29/20 12:41 PM

I bought mine from Original Parts Group, I know Chevy parts! fan

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 04/29/20 01:17 PM

Got a link?
Posted By: a12rag

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 04/29/20 02:02 PM

Just remember you are still using your "OLD" fuseblock . . . and are adding another "connection" point with the blade style fuses . . . there is nothing wrong with glass fuses . . . what you need is the "magic" spare fuses in the glove box - you have them there, you will NEVER have a fuse go !! LOL . . . once you take them out of the car, LOOK out !!! heh heh heh . . . best solution is to change out the fuseblock panel for blade style fuses, but that is more work and money . . . .
Posted By: moparx

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 04/29/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by BDW

if you are constantly blowing fuses, i would look into just WHY the fuses are constantly blowing, before the "magic smoke" escapes from the harness just before the flames appear !
beer
Posted By: TJP

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 04/29/20 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by a12rag
Just remember you are still using your "OLD" fuseblock . . . and are adding another "connection" point with the blade style fuses . . . there is nothing wrong with glass fuses . . . what you need is the "magic" spare fuses in the glove box - you have them there, you will NEVER have a fuse go !! LOL . . . once you take them out of the car, LOOK out !!! heh heh heh . . . best solution is to change out the fuseblock panel for blade style fuses, but that is more work and money . . . .

iagree Electronics 101A teaches you that every connection is a potential problem. Avoid them when possible beer
Posted By: a12rag

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 04/29/20 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by BDW

if you are constantly blowing fuses, i would look into just WHY the fuses are constantly blowing, before the "magic smoke" escapes from the harness just before the flames appear !
beer

X2 . . . fuses are in circuit to protect for overload and short circuit . . . typically in our cars, it is usually a short circuit that creates the problem ! (hot wire against ground) . . . fix the problem and don't blame the fuse !
Posted By: crackedback

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 04/30/20 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by BDW

beer

Yep, that's the solution!
Posted By: Parbs

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/27/22 11:14 PM

The company stopped making the rubber type. I located these. They actually work better and can expand to shorten to different lengths.www.thingsnotable.com
[img]http://www.thingsnotable.com[/img]

Attached picture fuseassy1.png

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/28/22 01:08 AM

So it's $70 for 12 of these shipped, still wondering why it's needed?
I've had my car 20+ years and have NEVER replaced a fuse, or any other car for that matter.
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/28/22 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by BDW
So it's $70 for 12 of these shipped, still wondering why it's needed?
I've had my car 20+ years and have NEVER replaced a fuse, or any other car for that matter.

Never had to replace fuse.. confused
Consider yourself lucky. smile
The older style glass fuses are harder to find nowadays.
Also a glass fuse can actually be open after constant surges as its internal element can fatigue and eventually be open.
In our older cars a fuse can blow easily if a hot wire is grounded or even a shorted switch...
The later blade fuses are available everywhere, so the Flex Fuse is a kool idea.
Note they are cheaper on E-Bay @ $5 each...
See below link..

Just my $0.02... wink

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325389527067

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/28/22 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by NachoRT74

are you trying to change them for availability in Europe or for another reason ?

availability in Europe, maybe not in car parts stores, but YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THEM at electronic shops ( kinda radioshack, or electronic parts shops where you buy integrated circuits, transistors etc... ). LOT OF Electrical devices use the same car units... big glass ones. I know mostly european electrical devices uses small ones, but still lot more use the big glass ones

up Should also mention using adapters is adding two more connections in the circuit. Electronics 101a teaches one to avoid added connections whenever possible wink whistling beer
Posted By: moparx

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/28/22 06:08 PM

try this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325389527067?

beer
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/28/22 07:35 PM

I updated the posted link..
Thank U...

Just my $0.02... wink

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/28/22 09:06 PM

So EBay is even worse than the website,
$20 for 3…..…....................

Harbor Freight still sells the "old" fuses, bought a mega pack for <$10 bucks several years ago,
And I will admit I did have to use 1, it broke when I was removing to change, when I bought a new harness.

60 for $8

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-piece-agc-glass-automotive-fuse-set-67692.html
Posted By: Ray S

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/28/22 09:22 PM

I slather No-OX on everything
https://www.amazon.com/NO-OX-ID-Special-Electrical-Contact-Corrosion/dp/B00HDF9EXE

Attached picture IMG_6288.JPG

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/29/22 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by BDW
So EBay is even worse than the website,
$20 for 3…..…....................

Harbor Freight still sells the "old" fuses, bought a mega pack for <$10 bucks several years ago,
And I will admit I did have to use 1, it broke when I was removing to change, when I bought a new harness.

60 for $8

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-piece-agc-glass-automotive-fuse-set-67692.html

just a heads up on "DEAL" glass fuses. Several years back there was a bunch of UHH overseas fuses that were not FUSING at there rated amperage but rather much HIGHER shock and created some unexpected meltdowns. I have bought name brand glass fuses from several sources including Napa and other stores. they may not be in stock but can be ordered. Ebay and AMZ are other sources as well as previously mentioned electronic supply places.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/29/22 07:11 AM

Since we are on.the subject Year's ago I went around the You Pull It and filled both pockets with Glass Fuses. Next trip Did the same with newer style plasic ones regular and mini.
Guy hardly charged me much. Came from.low mile wrecked old car and as new as possible new car for plastic.
I figured known good fuses were better then new China stuff.
I know few years back Harbor Freight sold some thst were not blowing.
The consensus was don't buy them.
Do not know if that is still the same but see plenty bulk type packs of all kinds glass, plastic in bulk on eBay, Amazon etc.
I do know I spent a ton on M&H main Harness, Engine Bay, Trans, Forward Light and Rear Light Group
Would suck to not pop a fuse and burn the car down.
Do all fuses come from the same places now China?
Thoughts as I have used up most of my stash on friends cars and working at friends body shop.

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/30/22 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by 340SIX
f.
I know few years back Harbor Freight sold some thst were not blowing.
The consensus was don't buy them.

Do not know if that is still the same but see plenty bulk type packs of all kinds glass, plastic in bulk on eBay, Amazon etc.
I do know I spent a ton on M&H main Harness, Engine Bay, Trans, Forward Light and Rear Light Group
Would suck to not pop a fuse and burn the car down.
Do all fuses come from the same places now China?
Thoughts as I have used up most of my stash on friends cars and working at friends body shop.

Covered above

Don't know shruggy

I would suggest buying name rand fuses like Bussman, Llittlefuse etc. They can usually be ordered by your local parts store, bendover NAPA OR Try the electronic supply houses like Allied, Arrow, Mouser, Newark, Digi Key etc. as suggested by myself and another wink
PSST! you'll find the supply houses MUCH CHEAPER. One can also shop the bay & AMZ but MAKE SURE you're not getting a knocked up (off) version beer
Posted By: 360view

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/30/22 11:27 AM

with the Flex Fuse adapter the

https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-S...ive+fuse+amp+meter%2Caps%2C92&sr=8-8

Fuse Buddy tool would be more useable on older equipment
Posted By: Ray S

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 11/30/22 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by 360view
with the Flex Fuse adapter the

https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-S...ive+fuse+amp+meter%2Caps%2C92&sr=8-8

Fuse Buddy tool would be more useable on older equipment

That's cool. I should test my circuits with the DMM clipped in. Not only for over-draw (likely bad grounds) but under-draw which could then use lighter fuses.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: glass tube fuses adaptor - 12/02/22 02:59 AM

I usually just buy new old stock USA made fuses on ebay. Easier than popping them out in junkyards.
© 2024 Moparts Forums