Moparts

Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up

Posted By: Boise Chall

Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 03:43 AM

I have a B&M flex plate Summit part # BMM-10230 and the holes will not line up with my Torque converter. I tried rotating the converter and trying 2 bolts at a time but I can only get one bolt in at a time. When I have 1 bolt in the next hole is about a 1/4 inch off. Anybody ever have this problem? If so what was the solution ?
Posted By: davenc

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 03:57 AM

Are you certain that you tried all 4 orientations? You probably know this, but the bolt holes are not spaced symmetrically, and the flex plate will only mate to the converter in one orientation.

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 04:05 AM

I must have made a mistake while rotating it. I had another flex plate and converter here so I set the 2 together and I had to rotate it until it lined up and it did I will try again. If it works I will delete this post out of shear embarrassment.
Posted By: davenc

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 04:26 AM

I have made plenty of bone head mistakes as well. You might even consider leaving the post. I have found a wealth of information by searching the archives, and someone else is likely to find themselves in the same situation in the future.

Dave

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 05:31 AM

I found the problem it seems that the widget arm was improperly located on the maniform causing the A.S.H receiver to be too close to the muffler bearings. Either that or I need to learn how to count before I try rotate it for alignment next time ...... DOH !!!!!!!!
Posted By: moparx

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 02:00 PM

them muffler bearings will get ya every time. but them knuten valves....... boy are they ever brain wracking !........

Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 03:07 PM

i have learned to test fit them before the install and mark it with a spot of paint

use to be every one i did had to try it 3-4 times to get it

if its comeing out for the first time i spot it with paint when i remove the first bolt on the TC/flex plate

you should run a bushing in the place of a muffler bearing...i thought everyone knew that,it was an option yrs ago
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 08:14 PM

Quote:

i have learned to test fit them before the install and mark it with a spot of paint

if its comeing out for the first time i spot it with paint when i remove the first bolt on the TC/flex plate

Me too! Nothing worse than laying on your back trying to start those little bolts only to find out you messed up the orientation. GRRRRRR!
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 08:38 PM

Quote:

you should run a bushing in the place of a muffler bearing...i thought everyone knew that,it was an option yrs ago

Come on guys, everyone knows you can eliminate your muffler bearing bushings, as long as you run HP waterjackets!
Posted By: Hoof Hearted

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 10:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Come on guys, everyone knows you can eliminate your muffler bearing bushings, as long as you run HP waterjackets!

That's why I use a Left Handed bolt stretcher on the muffler's HypoDupilator valve when it gets stuck.

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 10:38 PM

I let it lay there and cool off some

pick it up on the next lap around after its thined the pack behind me some

then just it back on at the pitstop for gas

its allways good till it falls off agian,recycling is the way now days guys

Posted By: ProStock1320

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/25/10 11:30 PM

JB Weld.
Posted By: 67dodge67

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/26/10 02:14 AM

I thought you had to use the Finley shoehorn tool from Harbor Freight to line those pesky bolts up to the converter...

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/26/10 06:29 AM

Oh come on guys I'm starting to feel like a Kid on the short bus or stubby bus. Quit picking on the retard. hhahahhahahhahah Just kidding this is some pretty funny stuff

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/26/10 01:58 PM

have you marked it yet with a dab of paint?????

Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/26/10 03:19 PM

Quote:

Oh come on guys I'm starting to feel like a Kid on the short bus or stubby bus. Quit picking on the retard. hhahahhahahhahah Just kidding this is some pretty funny stuff

you better say mentally challenged instead of the R word, John might be awake
Posted By: radar

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/26/10 11:36 PM

Just remember to be careful not to get any air in the overhead when you bleed the converter. Once there's air in there the whole trans has to come out to access the edsel valve. Don't even get me started on the damage you can do to the turbo encabulator on one of these cars when you go messing with the edsel valve. Big money repair there.

Luckily I have a trustworthy mechanic that explains this stuff to me before I waste money bringing it to a shady wrench.
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 12:53 AM

Quote:

I have a set of HP waterjackets. How do I know if they are from a 6 pack?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 02:02 AM

I have custom spray bar finnegin pins for the waterjackets .Does it matter what color paint I/you?we use????I leave the trans in for the 'verter change

Attached picture 6322506-refresh2010043.JPG
Posted By: 340swing

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 02:17 AM

Did anybody check the blinker fluid yet? Sorry had to get one in.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 04:06 AM

It's like a frikken soap opera
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 04:37 AM

And while you're under there make sure the johnson rods and knibbling pins are still tight...Would'nt want those flying off... ...

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 06:15 AM

Hey POOPERCUDA As always it's great to hear from you. Those witty, well thought out comments from you make a pet rock look intelligent. Thanks for covering me BUDDY I was going to delete this thread but now that you posted I know that nobody will read this unless they want to see if you are still a tard. By the way my temps are still perfect after a year Thanks to the spring in my lower radiator hose hahahahha.

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 01:14 PM

dang it went down hill fast with the spring in the rad hose comment....

I thought you used a micro boiling eleminator rod in that hose

just a plane wire will cause you muffler bearing to rust then fall off..

Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 01:41 PM

Quote:

have you marked it yet with a dab of paint?????

I always use a pint of dab ? isn't that better?

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 02:55 PM

We should stop calling it the spring in the lower radiator hose and just call it the POOPERCUDA spring hahahahhaha

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 03:10 PM

ouch!

Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 03:13 PM

Quote:

We should stop calling it the spring in the lower radiator hose and just call it the POOPERCUDA spring hahahahhaha

We could call your "skills" the Boisechall (AKA d*uchebag) effect.

Why is it everything you touch turns to, well, you?

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 03:41 PM

what you two really want to say to each other is...

G_ F_ck Y_ _r S _ lf

want to buy a vowl?

rub,jab,whack,bang,pow,back at ya!

like I said went down hill real fast

Attached picture 6323178-johnycash.jpg

Re: Torque converter/ flex plate won't line up - 11/27/10 08:05 PM

POOPERCUDA said

We could call your "skills" the Boisechall (AKA d*uchebag) effect.

Why is it everything you touch turns to, well, you?

Is That the best you can do? WOW now I feel like I'm picking on the kid on the SHORT BUS. Maybe you should have a 2 year old write your comebacks
© 2024 Moparts Forums