Moparts

68 DART

Posted By: never2ready

68 DART - 11/15/10 03:38 PM

STOCK TUBS. HAS ANYBODY TRIED TO USE A 275-60 TIRE ON A 7" WHEEL ON REAR OF 68 DART? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
Posted By: Mopar Grandpa

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 03:52 PM

I'm running 275-60's on an 8" wheel on my 68 Barracuda but had to move the springs in by about an inch.

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 03:57 PM

68 CUDA AND DART HAVE THE SAME WHEEL OPENING I GUESS? THANKS
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 04:07 PM

Quote:

68 CUDA AND DART HAVE THE SAME WHEEL OPENING I GUESS? THANKS

No, they are different. The Dart has a more flat slab side. Usually a 245/60/15 is about the widest tire for stock or lowered ride rear height 67-69 Darts.

If you jack up the rear, roll fender lips, and move springs in, you can fit more. I don't know exactly on that though.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 04:16 PM

I ran them on a 8" wheel with a 5.5" back space. The springs were moved in 3/4" with the MP kit and the rear was moved back 1/2". I made a spacer and sandwiched it between the front spring hanger and the chassis mount. The wheel well lip was also trimmed on the outside. The tires had about 1/4" clearence on the inside and outside and about 3/8" to 1/2" on the front.

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 04:26 PM

I WAS GOING TO USE THE OFF SET SPRING HANGERS. I DIDN'T NO IF THAT WOULD HELP OR NOT.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 06:42 PM

Quote:

I WAS GOING TO USE THE OFF SET SPRING HANGERS. I DIDN'T NO IF THAT WOULD HELP OR NOT.

How come you weren't able to find the caps lock for your log in but you seem to have it well used for your topic and replies ???
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 06:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

How come you weren't able to find the caps lock for your log in but you seem to have it well used for your topic and replies ???

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 08:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 10:08 PM

Quote:

I made a new front spring perch and located it next to frame rail, otherwise the tires wouldn't clear the springs. I used the offset shackles on the rear too.

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 10:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I made a new front spring perch and located it next to frame rail, otherwise the tires wouldn't clear the springs. I used the offset shackles on the rear too.

I assume one would have to move the perchs welded to the rear housing ?

Re: 68 DART - 11/15/10 10:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I assume one would have to move the perchs welded to the rear housing ?

Yes, that is correct. However, all my modifications were done prior to locating the perches on the housing as I bought a new housing and the perches were shipped loose.

Re: 68 DART - 11/16/10 02:07 AM

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS. AND TO JOHNRR,SORRY IF THE CAP LOCKS BOTHERED YOU. I'LL TRY TO DO BETTER.
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: 68 DART - 11/16/10 12:04 PM

Quote:

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS. AND TO JOHNRR,SORRY IF THE CAP LOCKS BOTHERED YOU. I'LL TRY TO DO BETTER.

© 2024 Moparts Forums