Moparts

Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor?

Posted By: dg_dodge

Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor? - 11/10/10 09:54 PM

Hi guys,

It looks like I will soon need a new wire connector (shown in pic below) that holds the two wires that connect to each side of the ballast resistor.

Are these generic electrical pieces or something Mopar-specific? Anyone know the name of this part or where they are sold?

Thanks a lot!

Attached picture 6295190-connectorforBR.jpg
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor? - 11/10/10 11:13 PM

Just find a female flat connector that can handle both wires, crimp it on and away you go . . .
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor? - 11/11/10 01:20 AM

If the bakelite is good & just need another brass terminal, look closely at the cover & there should be a mini slot that you can stick a mini eyeglass screwdriver in & depress the tab on the side of the brass terminal & pull it out the back side by pulling on the wires and when you have it depressed the right amt it'll come right out w no force needed. Here's a NAPA # for the female terminal 725145. Crimp/solder on your wires and pull the brass tab on the side of the terminal out a bit from it's flush position then push the assy into the bakelite and it will snap into place. EDIT buy a male terminal (725147) at NAPA when you are there & use it to check that the new female one you buy is crimped just the right amt to slip on w the right amt of force as some are too tight and forcing it onto the ballast (or any other useage) is not the way to adj its tension. I think full retail is about 47 cents ea
Posted By: dg_dodge

Re: Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor? - 11/11/10 02:52 AM

Thanks much for the great advice (as always) ! I really appreciate the help.
Posted By: mcmopars

Re: Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor? - 11/12/10 12:37 PM

what about if you go for the restoration look? any idea who sell them?
Posted By: Ronnman

Re: Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor? - 11/13/10 05:53 PM

Terminal Supply Co. Packard 56 type terminals.
Ron

http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Default.aspx?CAT=DEL010&PCAT=54228#Categories
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor? - 11/13/10 06:26 PM

Quote:

Terminal Supply Co. Packard 56 type terminals.
Ron

http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Default.aspx?CAT=DEL010&PCAT=54228#Categories

GRRRRRRRRRRRREEEAT, thanks... I allways have been seraching for conectors providers.

And noted they have lot of gauges sizes for the terminals. Some other are very limited.

just one question... what would be the diff between for example 6288913 and 2965143. I can't see anyone and description is the same

there are more like those with diff PN but same pic and description
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor? - 11/13/10 08:49 PM

Nacho what can we do (electrically) to keep the ECU from getting hot & drippin the goo
Posted By: Kowal

Re: Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor? - 11/13/10 09:33 PM

Year one has them
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Where to get wire connector for Ballast Resistor? - 11/14/10 08:07 PM

just in case if dual ballast plastic piece required:

http://www.chargerspecialties.com/wiring.htm

How to get colder anything into engine bay ? mmm, getting everying clean and tight ?

If some device gets a bad ground will suck more power.

Then in Case of ECUs... a good alternator power level... ECU is like a computer, if doesn't get a nice and stable power, will overheat untill melt the goo.
© 2024 Moparts Forums