Moparts

exhaust hanger help

Posted By: diesel1114

exhaust hanger help - 10/12/10 01:58 PM

hey guys i wanted to ask what kinda of hangers you are using on your rides, my hanger straps keep breaking on the leather strap part , my 2 problomatic places are the drivers side rear tip and pass side muffler , i dont know what to do im tired of changing them, any help and what brand hangers/ exhaust are you guys using, i got m y exhuast from muffler tech a few years back and its 3"

thanks
Posted By: diesel1114

Re: exhaust hanger help - 10/12/10 09:04 PM

???????????????????????????????????????????????

anyone
Posted By: patrick

Re: exhaust hanger help - 10/12/10 09:21 PM

I'm using modified stock hangers on mine, never had a problem...
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: exhaust hanger help - 10/12/10 10:41 PM

exhaust hangers usuly survive quite long, just a thought here are your system fited like it should?, you dont want the hangers to pull the exhaust anywhere they should bassicly just hold the exhaust hanging in the right possition, i have done alot of exhaustwork and belive me i have cut down some old systems that have had the pipes straining against the hangers so hard that its been almost dangerous to be close to it when the pull from the hangers are relesed, either when cutting the pipes or hangers
anyway a good part# was the old IPC huth #1771 and walker has one #35957 not sure if that is the bulkpartnumber since where i work they are ordered in bulk but they are a pretty good hanger that works almost always as a mufflerhanger in front of the rearaxel on conventional exhaust systems, for the tailpipe hanger those works fairly well but not on all aplications since they are kind of long, not sure what car you have so hard to gues
Posted By: Mr. T

Re: exhaust hanger help - 10/13/10 12:15 AM

Around here, the exhaust shops do not use any leather straps. They just weld the hanger directly onto the exhaust pipe. They have been doing that for years, and I have never heard any complaints about it.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: exhaust hanger help - 10/13/10 03:51 AM

Quote:

hey guys i wanted to ask what kinda of hangers you are using on your rides, my hanger straps keep breaking on the leather strap part , my 2 problomatic places are the drivers side rear tip and pass side muffler , i dont know what to do im tired of changing them, any help and what brand hangers/ exhaust are you guys using, i got m y exhuast from muffler tech a few years back and its 3"

thanks

What kind of vehicle? None of the hangers I've seen use leather - they use a reinforced rubber strapping & that is some tough stuff to break. None of Walker's stuff is leather.
© 2024 Moparts Forums