Moparts

LED lighting........

Posted By: bee71mopar

LED lighting........ - 10/12/10 01:48 PM

Anyone know where I get some LED side marker lights and/or taillights for a 71 Charger Superbee/or R/T taillights???
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: LED lighting........ - 10/12/10 02:17 PM

Check here.

Superbright Leds
Posted By: diesel1114

Re: LED lighting........ - 10/12/10 02:27 PM

hey if your looking for led tail lights this guys is the man , he did my led tail lights/ revers light in my 68 coronet and they are un real , simply the best , his name is larry and he can make any led light you want heres his link also

http://www.northwestmustang.com/

tell him the guys in nyc sent you
Posted By: bee71mopar

Re: LED lighting........ - 10/12/10 04:02 PM

Thanks for the info..I will be checking these out..ANYMORE ideas let me know
Posted By: dtedler

Re: LED lighting........ - 10/12/10 05:29 PM

Check these out for the front. I'm just bringing them to market for the Challenger and Chargers. I'm doing the 68 and 69 Chargers right now. 72-73 Cudas are after this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nactAwM4Wtw

As far as your side marker lights, they should be a 168 bulb and are available at your local truck stop for $7.99 for a pair.

As far as the tail lights go - I'm using Larry's stuff from Northwest Mustang. Great guy and his boards are nicely done.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: LED lighting........ - 10/12/10 05:39 PM

I haven't find any LED bulb to get totally satisfied.

Main reason is, our lights housings are not set to the LEDS lights projection. You need allmost a 300º degrees light projection to set fine the lense ilumination.

yes they are brighter, but focused straight forward Thats the reason why they are brighter, maybe same lumens focused at just one point instead all around.

The only advantage for those is the low consumption

Re: LED lighting........ - 10/12/10 05:48 PM

One thing to remember is price is a major function of LED. The brighter the LED the more cost. The white LED's are the most costly by a huge margin. The SMT LED's are limited by how they are driven, but they can be really bright. Does your '71 have the same side marker lights as my 73 Challenger? (plastic housing with a rectangular reflector?
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: LED lighting........ - 10/12/10 05:53 PM

no, you got 72 and laters corporated sidemarker... 71 Chargers got these

Re: LED lighting........ - 10/12/10 06:15 PM

Those would have to pulled apart and strips or flex installed. There may be options for these....
© 2024 Moparts Forums