Moparts

ACC Boss Hog converters

Posted By: Boise Chall

ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/05/10 08:11 AM

Does anybody know anything about the ACC Boss Hog converters ? Anybody own one? are they good or junk ? I have a 3,500 rpm stall Boss Hog converter that I got in a package deal. I don't know anything about them and I'm looking for opinions.

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/05/10 03:16 PM

nobody ???
Posted By: cptn60

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/05/10 03:20 PM

Well if you already have it, flush it well and try it.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/05/10 07:39 PM

The consensus will be the ACC (Boss Hog) converter is no where near the quality of Turbo Action- PTC ect. If you race your car will not be as fast or as consistent as with the higher quality converters. When I had a car on the road it was just for fun and cruising- no strip action. I would be willing to run one under my driving circumstances.
Posted By: Michael Ecks

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/05/10 09:56 PM

Had one between my 360 and 904. Ran okay for about a year. Then it cracked the front pump snout off and jammed itself in the pump. Not a fan of ACC here.

No problems with the PTC converter I replaced it with.
Posted By: MonGoo$e

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/05/10 10:10 PM

I have one in my 904 behind a 408 stroker in a Duster, its about a 3,000 stall. I only have about 30 miles on the new driveline so I can't tell you much yet.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/05/10 10:40 PM

They used to suck then a guy bought the company and does OK cheap converters--tuned up the production and specs from trash to decent cheapos but..when you consider that the converter is the secret spice that makes a combo good or bad then it makes sense to go with better--PTC=great for the $$ Turbo Action =best overall quality and in spec but WAY too much $$ The J they made was the best Mopar unit ever devised but that is OLD history Frank at Dynamic used to be what PTC is now--good converter for a good deal--now.......not so much--grabbing for the loot and ...PTC is the most bang for the buck all that said I miss the Mopar Perf units that are long gone--best under $300 street units that were out there for a "no science" drop in and go deal
Posted By: 69L78Nova

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/06/10 01:05 AM

They are absolute garbage. I unfortunately bought one a while back and had nothing but problems with it. After 3 of them I demanded my money back, which I eventually got. The guy running the "operation" was a complete jerk as well. You couldnt give me one of those disasters for free.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/06/10 02:28 AM

I guess I'm the exception to the rule here. I run the 3500 street bandit, and have no complaints. I might be a bit faster with a higher end converter, but my car is within 2-thousandths every run, so its consistant. Mine is behind a 452" B motor that pushes my nearly 3800 lb Satellite to 12.40 @ 110. Online calculators tell me I'm getting about 8% slippage, which I figure is acceptable for a budget converter. It stays nice and cool, as my tranny consistantly runs at a few degrees below my motor on the street. Lastly, when my motor was out, I sent the converter back to ACC to have the stall speed adjusted from 3k to 35, they had it back to me in 2-weeks, and charged me $40.

Is it the best converter available? No... But I was on a budget, and at less than half the cost of some others, its doing the job for me right now. Maybe someday I'll step up to a high end converter, and I suppose only then will I really know how good or bad this one is.

If you already have it, I'd give it a try. Measure the slippage, and see how consistant it is, then make a decision.

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/06/10 02:31 AM

I talked to ACC twice today. The first time I didn't give the guy much credit. After talking to PTC who told me that ACC is 4 doors down from them in the same building. So I'm thinking that behind those doors is an assembly line that makes the same converter with different labels on them. I called ACC who now in my mind has a bunch of credit and the guy told me that he also makes the TC's for B&M.PTC wanted almost $500 for a TC to suit my needs. ACC will make the converter I have now what I need for $60. Of course I have to ship it to them and pay shipping back.
Posted By: Y3 70 BEE

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/06/10 04:26 AM

Well I make the converter for A.R.S.E.

Re: ACC Boss Hog converters - 10/06/10 01:12 PM

What is A.R.S.E. ???? I can't find them on the internet.
© 2024 Moparts Forums