Moparts

Dana 60 ID?

Posted By: idriveagremlin

Dana 60 ID? - 07/18/10 03:59 AM

I just got a dana 60 rear and it has numbers stamped on the gasket surface under the rear cover the number is 02573 what does this mean? It also has been narrowed and I can't read the date code on the axle tube. And yes it does have the three bolt holes for the pinion snubber mount.

Thanks, Bryan
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dana 60 ID? - 07/18/10 07:06 AM

It should have 60 on the housing.
Posted By: gamagoat6x6

Re: Dana 60 ID? - 07/18/10 10:40 AM

What type of sure grip does it have and what`s the spline count on the axles. Those things could have been changed but it might give you a better idea. If it`s a power-lock there will be a date code on the unit.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Dana 60 ID? - 07/18/10 01:31 PM

Quote:

I just got a dana 60 rear and it has numbers stamped on the gasket surface under the rear cover the number is 02573 what does this mean? It also has been narrowed and I can't read the date code on the axle tube. And yes it does have the three bolt holes for the pinion snubber mount.

Thanks, Bryan

It's narrowed so I'll ask the stupid question , what do you exactly want to know ?
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Dana 60 ID? - 07/18/10 02:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks, Bryan

It's narrowed so I'll ask the stupid question , what do you exactly want to know ?

He wants to know what the number 02573 means.
Why? I don't know, it's no longer good for a resto.
© 2024 Moparts Forums