Moparts

Where can I find BeepBeep Horn

Posted By: 1969_Runner

Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/17/10 12:23 AM

Looking for suggestions for replacement or repair of my 69
RR horn. Seen a bunch of these repro horns on Ebay which honestly I guess I don't mind but thought I would ask here for suggestions
Posted By: mickm

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/17/10 12:48 AM

a number of the vendors who are part of the board have them: tony's auto parts, jack's, etc...

i would imagine that there aren't a lot of people manufacturing these, so you will probably see the same ones everywhere, but i'm not positive of that.
Posted By: 1969_Runner

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/17/10 12:45 PM

Thanks I will try one of them
Posted By: Finoke

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/17/10 03:18 PM

I was wondering the same thing.

I have the one that came on my 70. I was wondering if its just better to buy one of the new repops or to try and restore mine.

I haven't looked that hard yet, but it looks like year one has them for a decent price.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/17/10 04:28 PM

Stay away from the repops! They sound horrible..... I would put my $ into restoring an original or finding a nice original. This is what I did. Must be someone out ther restoring these.

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/17/10 05:10 PM

i did mine. first i had it sand blasted, but took a lot of care to cover up the places that sand could get into.

a couple coats of sanding sealer, and then the purple from Totally Auto. the color came out looking different from the stock color, at least to me. i shipped the paint back to them and they said it was right on.

the "Voice of Road Runner" sticker comes with the kit, which i think was about $15. not bad...

i put too much paint on though, covered up a little too much of the indented numbers, but it still came out good.

anyway, a before...

Attached picture 6090670-P3080003.jpg

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/17/10 05:11 PM

and after. it looks better than this with the sticker and in the car...

Attached picture 6090671-P3140001.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/17/10 09:11 PM

The repops years ago had brackets that were too short; check the length of yours and ask whoever you talk to. There's also a model paint, Testor's IIRC, in a spray can that was a very close match.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/17/10 11:25 PM

Krylon has a new{past year} purple out in a can that's closer than the expensive so called matches... Got it at Walmart of all places...
Posted By: macmic87

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/17/10 11:26 PM

Quote:

The repops years ago had brackets that were too short; check the length of yours and ask whoever you talk to. There's also a model paint, Testor's IIRC, in a spray can that was a very close match.

testors #1234

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 07/20/10 04:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

testors #1234

Cool, just found some..Thanks!

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 08/04/10 09:00 PM

I did my horn with the Testors paint. Looks pretty close to the original!

Attached picture 6122643-RR510.jpg

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 08/04/10 09:01 PM

Quote:

I did my horn with the Testors paint. Looks pretty close to the original!

Attached picture 6122645-rr511.jpg
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Where can I find BeepBeep Horn - 08/04/10 09:44 PM

Finoke and Mickm, both horns look good! Congrats.
© 2024 Moparts Forums