Moparts

Slant/3-on-tree to SB/727 swap

Posted By: mopartial

Slant/3-on-tree to SB/727 swap - 05/28/10 01:31 AM

My friend got a 360/727 from a van that he wants to put in a manual transmission 6 cyl Dart. I can advise him on engine swap cause Ive done it. How about tranny? Donor steering column? Cross member? What else will he need? Im guessing a lot of parts from the van wont work.

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Slant/3-on-tree to SB/727 swap - 05/28/10 01:46 AM

What year Dart?
Posted By: copchaser

Re: Slant/3-on-tree to SB/727 swap - 05/28/10 03:57 AM

First queston is, why in the world would anyone want to get rid of a 3 on the tree set up?? Heck, a 3 on the tree is one of the best antitheft devices around. How many punk kids do you know that have any idea how to operate one? I'd be talking your buddy out of that swap real hard, 360 YES, 727 no thanks. Now if your buddy really wants to do this swap, you'll need to correct year steering collume, K-frame, shift linkage, and motor mounts.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Slant/3-on-tree to SB/727 swap - 05/28/10 07:20 AM

Anti theft devices... I like that.
Hey, If you are determined to dump the manual setup, PLEASE save all the parts specific to it. The pedals, linkage rods, clutch parts, EVERYTHING. This will save you or someone else lots of time and money when converting a car to a stick. I used to think I could save money by buying things a piece at a time. I even bought derelict "easy builder" project cars really cheap. The little parts that are hard to find start to cost alot after a short while.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: Slant/3-on-tree to SB/727 swap - 05/28/10 08:04 AM

Run an aftermarket floor shift. Youd be suprized how many punk kids can drive a 3 on the tree and if you think thats going to stop somebody from smashing a window well your wrong. To the untrained motorhead it would appear to be a column shift. Id swap in the 727.
© 2024 Moparts Forums