Moparts

B Body Column Shifter Help

Posted By: A4SixtyNineRR

B Body Column Shifter Help - 05/26/10 03:26 AM

Hey guys, I have '69 Road Runner with an automatic column shifter. I need to replace my badly rusted one with a new one, but I'm not quite sure how to take the old one off. Is it as simple as pressing out the pivot pin or is it attached to the column in some other way? Also, let me know if you happen to have a good shifter handle to replace mine. Thanks!
Posted By: Silver70

Re: B Body Column Shifter Help - 05/26/10 05:03 AM

There's a roll pin that pushes out and should pull right out then.
Posted By: moparsquid

Re: B Body Column Shifter Help - 05/26/10 05:07 AM

its very simple pop the roll pin at the box take of the linkage 3or4 bolts on the fire wall 2 under the dash diconect the harness and pull, verry easy and I think the paddock or year one has new shifter knobs.

Re: B Body Column Shifter Help - 05/26/10 05:18 AM

Quote:

its very simple pop the roll pin at the box take of the linkage 3or4 bolts on the fire wall 2 under the dash diconect the harness and pull, verry easy and I think the paddock or year one has new shifter knobs.

I think he just wants to pull the actual shifter handle, not the entire column.
Posted By: moparsquid

Re: B Body Column Shifter Help - 05/26/10 05:22 AM

in that case there is a roll pin ,but i also remember a small spring in there also.
Posted By: A4SixtyNineRR

Re: B Body Column Shifter Help - 05/26/10 07:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I think he just wants to pull the actual shifter handle, not the entire column.

I already have the column out and the wheel off, but I wasn't sure what all was involved in pulling off the rusted shifter handle. Thanks for the input so far. By the way, the rumor is that Paddock is out of business. It says they are currently closed when you call no matter what time of day and the website has said they are doing an update for the last week or more so it seems the rumor might actually be true??

Re: B Body Column Shifter Help - 05/26/10 04:56 PM

Yep, do a search, there was a thread on in the general section.
© 2024 Moparts Forums