Moparts

2000 Dakota Club Cab patch panel source?

Posted By: 440beeper

2000 Dakota Club Cab patch panel source? - 05/08/10 11:18 AM

Seeing as I live in the snow/salt belt, my 2000 Dakota has developed some tin worm (aka, rust). It still runs great and looks good with the exception of one rust spot. I'd like to fix it since a new car is not an option right now (layoffs looming at work). The only thing is I can't find a source for the patch panel I need. The only rust spot is the lower part of the club cab and I can't find a panel for this area. The only patch panels I can find are for everything else (door sills, fenders, qtr panels). Any ideas?
Posted By: buildanother

Re: 2000 Dakota Club Cab patch panel source? - 05/08/10 12:37 PM

I made my own, as it's down low, put the edge on it by jamming it in my service door of garage, to put a little bend on it. I also used the new body panel adhesive, and it's only been a year and is holding up well. See if you find a black sealed plastic bag-tube thing filled with jute padding inside rocker area. I'm sure it's a sound deadener or something, but could have contributed to the rust. It's the only problem I have in this land of . stupid rust.
Posted By: FuryUs

Re: 2000 Dakota Club Cab patch panel source? - 05/08/10 06:27 PM

Have you tried LMC Trucks?
Posted By: Joshs68

Re: 2000 Dakota Club Cab patch panel source? - 05/08/10 06:30 PM

I just bought some patch panels from Rock Auto for my Barracuda, I believe they are from Sherman. They fit well and came in only a few days, I didn't even get gouged on shipping. I am happy
Posted By: 440beeper

Re: 2000 Dakota Club Cab patch panel source? - 05/09/10 01:12 AM

LMC trucks has what I need...thanks for pointing me in the right direction. You wouldn't believe how much time I wasted searching on the internet for this particular panel... you'd think a Club Cab is a rarity.
© 2024 Moparts Forums