Moparts

02 dodge van keeps stalling

Posted By: mike_vango

02 dodge van keeps stalling - 05/03/10 05:41 PM

my work van keeps stalling at every stop. it would happen on and off for the last two weeks. now it is doing it all the time. the check engine light is not on. i am thinking it is fuel related but not sure.
it is a 1 ton with a 360. can anyone offer me some suggestions? thanks mike
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 02 dodge van keeps stalling - 05/03/10 06:54 PM

It could be a lot of things. What checking have you done so far? Have you tried cleaning the throttle body or IAC? Whens the last time the air and fuel filters were changed?
Posted By: Paul_Fancsali

Re: 02 dodge van keeps stalling - 05/03/10 07:02 PM

Throttle body or IAS motor or check the coil itself if its rusty at all on the bottom its no good.Also when was the last time you put plugs in it. Air and fuel filter but Idle air speed motor are most likely

Re: 02 dodge van keeps stalling - 05/03/10 07:08 PM

Quote:

It could be a lot of things. What checking have you done so far? Have you tried cleaning the throttle body or IAC? Whens the last time the air and fuel filters were changed?

i haven't done anything yet. the fuel filter has me a little confused. is it part of the fuel pump? some research tells me there is a canister on top of the gas tank that holds the filter. i don't want to drop the tank twice.

i will go clean the throttle body right now.

when i come to a stop i can keep it running with on foot on the brake and one giving it a little gas.
thanks for your help.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: 02 dodge van keeps stalling - 05/03/10 07:11 PM

The fuel filter is in tank at bottom of sender IIRC. Looks like a mini cal custom air cleaner filter on the throttle body cleaning along with iac cleaning.

Re: 02 dodge van keeps stalling - 05/03/10 08:31 PM

now it won't stay running at all and the check engine light is on. arrrgh

Re: 02 dodge van keeps stalling - 05/03/10 09:07 PM

Just pulled the code. P0505 idle control system malfunction. So should I get a new idle air control valve? Is that a dealer only part? Or will napa have it? Thanks again
© 2024 Moparts Forums