Moparts

Jack ID help

Posted By: rtidd440

Jack ID help - 08/02/08 07:40 AM

I'm sorting thru piles of parts. I have a BUNCH of jacks. I have Galen's white book so I can ID the hooks. What I dont know is the mast lengths and styles for the different bodys. I did a thread search but didnt come up with anything. Can anyone shed a little light? Is there a way to Id with part numbers? I need to keep what is correct for my cars, 69 Charger, 70 Cuda, 70 Dart, 71 Road Runner. The rest go to the Nats swap. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Rob

Re: Jack ID help - 08/03/08 02:30 AM

Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Jack ID help - 08/03/08 02:50 AM

Mast lengths vary for the same cars from the same plants.

Your best bet to know what you need for your particular cars are to list the date codes.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Jack ID help - 08/03/08 02:59 AM

The Charger is gonna be pretty obvious it doesn't use a seperate hook, there's a wide hook pad welded to the mechanism...

Re: Jack ID help - 08/03/08 04:26 AM

Thanks guys. As it turns out, most of what I have is 72 and up finger style. What pre 72 stuff I have is rusted badly. Most likely scrap. To top it off I seem to have a bunch of hooks but they have no numbers on them. Dont know how to ID them. Twelve hours of digging in the basement today and a lot of what I'm finding is either rusted, mildewed or should have never been saved in the first place. Swap meet is gonna be a bust.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Jack ID help - 08/03/08 04:30 AM

I could probably afford a rusty 104 hook.
© 2024 Moparts Forums