Moparts

Whats the quietest straight through muffler?

Posted By: coronet1966d

Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 03/31/10 02:46 AM

may seem like a stupid question but i need to run straight thru muffs on my truck because im running the moroso crankcase evac setup. and since my truck might actually be quicker than alot of people think id like to keep it quiet as possible without losing too much power

any suggestions?

Posted By: Tom Hand

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 03/31/10 02:51 AM

Buy the longest case muffler you can fit. I recommend the 5" by 22" Goerlich XLERATOR. Very very quiet, relatively speaking.
Posted By: goldmember

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 03/31/10 02:53 AM

The longest of your favorite brand would be my best guess. I have the 3" Ultraflows and they aren't very loud,but I have tailpipes and a crossover pipe. Inside the car is quiet under normal driving,the neighbors have not called the police,so I'm happy.LOL

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 03/31/10 04:11 AM

does anyone have a soundclip? ive always been a fan of chambered.. every video i see on youtube of glasspacks sounds like crackly crap. is there an alternative or a "right way" to do it?
Posted By: BleedDodge

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 03/31/10 05:58 AM

Quote:

Buy the longest case muffler you can fit. I recommend the 5" by 22" Goerlich XLERATOR. Very very quiet, relatively speaking.

I've got an Xlerator muffler on my '99 ram truck and I think it's pretty loud. Goerlich has quieter mufflers than their Xlerators, but I dont think they're straight thru.

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 03/31/10 11:04 PM

any suggestions at all?
Posted By: JeffC

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 03/31/10 11:49 PM

Magnaflow makes the straight thru mufflers in all different sizes and configurations. Get the biggest one that you can fit.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 03/31/10 11:51 PM

Quote:

does anyone have a soundclip? ive always been a fan of chambered.. every video i see on youtube of glasspacks sounds like crackly crap. is there an alternative or a "right way" to do it?

Ultraflo's are not glasspacks....though they are glass filled, it is not the same thing.
Posted By: Viol8r

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 04/01/10 03:55 AM

Well it is said the the Borla 3" pro XS is the the quietest. I have them on the shelf but not installed yet. Currently ultra flows with a 11:1 440. Loud on side streets but quite smooth on the highway. I am hoping to get a slight improvment with the Borlas.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 04/01/10 10:54 AM

Borla. Pricey though.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 04/01/10 11:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Ultraflo's are not glasspacks....though they are glass filled, it is not the same thing.

3" ultra flow welded with an X pipe.
Posted By: whitemtnelf

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 04/01/10 12:06 PM

I'm going with these guys: http://www.classicchambered.com

They have a couple of different models and there are a lot of sound clips on YouTube
Posted By: patrick

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 04/01/10 12:32 PM

the largest volume case will be the quietest.

magnaflow has some 5x11x22" case mufflers. they also have some 5x8x24". the first might be slightly quieter due to the slightly larger volume.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Whats the quietest straight through muffler? - 04/01/10 01:46 PM

I have Summits 3 inch stainless with X pipe and out by the rear tire.Nice throaty sound but not loud.At like 70 bucks they are one nice piece and dont rust.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums