Moparts

Question on installing wide band O2 sensor

Posted By: whitemtnelf

Question on installing wide band O2 sensor - 03/30/10 01:18 PM

I need to decide on which header to mount the O2 bung. I know that some cylinders can run richer/leaner than others but is the same true for an entire side of an engine? The sensor is going on a 440. Thanks.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Question on installing wide band O2 sensor - 03/30/10 02:04 PM

Weld in bungs on each header so you can get each bank dead on so nothing is being left on the table and you are getting the maximum info out of your investment
Posted By: six-barrel

Re: Question on installing wide band O2 sensor - 03/30/10 05:23 PM

Also ensure the sensor is above the 9 and 3 oclock position. You do not want the sensor below as moisture will collect in the sensor and wreck it.
Posted By: whitemtnelf

Re: Question on installing wide band O2 sensor - 03/30/10 05:32 PM

the gauge kits on Summit are for a single sensor. Are you suggesting putting two sensors in and switching the connection to the gauge to read both sides? I don't want/need to spend many hundreds of dollars on this, I just want something to help me tune the carb.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Question on installing wide band O2 sensor - 03/30/10 05:40 PM

no reason to do that.
The kit I bought came with a plug.
just buy an extra bung and plug the one you are not using. or I guess the kit was so I could take it out after tuning and plug it for all time.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Question on installing wide band O2 sensor - 03/30/10 07:41 PM

Quote:

no reason to do that.
The kit I bought came with a plug.
just buy an extra bung and plug the one you are not using.

Correct, an extra bung cannot be too much $$ and you'll know what you have on each half.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Question on installing wide band O2 sensor - 03/30/10 08:24 PM

Just put one sensor in one header collector and be done with it. Unless something goes seriously wrong with your carb or ignition system, a/f will be the same in both banks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums