Moparts

94 Ram Van engine removal

Posted By: Russ

94 Ram Van engine removal - 03/28/10 12:57 PM

360 Magnum.
do I remove It from the front or the Inside?
Posted By: buildanother

Re: 94 Ram Van engine removal - 03/28/10 01:22 PM

I've done them through front, and have heard through side will work.
Posted By: RC91

Re: 94 Ram Van engine removal - 03/28/10 01:39 PM

I've yanked em out the passenger door before, but that was 70's vans. The engine cover on those went back farther exposing most of the bell housing, so you could slide the engine back then up and out. The FSM says to drop the pan and take them out the front.

Re: 94 Ram Van engine removal - 03/28/10 03:13 PM

It's definatly cramped in there,I guess It'll be trial and error and
Posted By: RC91

Re: 94 Ram Van engine removal - 03/28/10 03:22 PM

The best method!
Posted By: moretoys

Re: 94 Ram Van engine removal - 03/28/10 03:23 PM

Out the front.Need the van raised up some.The angle of the cherry picker arm gives you no choice.Bumper and everything else in the front comes off.Intake will most likely have to come off for extra clearance.I don't see the opening under the dash being large enough.The seats are definently in the way.Just getting the dog house off is cramped.have fun.

Re: 94 Ram Van engine removal - 03/28/10 03:33 PM

Quote:

The best method!

Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: 94 Ram Van engine removal - 03/28/10 04:18 PM

and

Either cut the bumper radiator and grill out or a big ole opening in the side door and floor, make sure you park it were you can easily push it onto a trailer to drag to the scrap metal yard after you yank the goods

On a more serious note if you are planning on keeping it I prefer pulling them out the side with the heads off. I really hate pulling the grill bumper radiator hood... out to get to the motor and yes I have done them both ways.
© 2024 Moparts Forums