Moparts

Is there a way to keep compressor from cycling

Posted By: 1Adam12

Is there a way to keep compressor from cycling - 03/26/10 07:23 PM

Is there a way to keep the A/C compressor from cycling but be able to use the defrost on '96 Ram ?
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Is there a way to keep compressor from cycling - 03/26/10 07:34 PM

How rapidly is it cycling? If it's a real short cycle it's probably low on charge.
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: Is there a way to keep compressor from cycling - 03/26/10 07:39 PM

screwdriver thru the condensor works
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Is there a way to keep compressor from cycling - 03/26/10 07:46 PM

Unplug the compressor until summer gets here.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Is there a way to keep compressor from cycling - 03/27/10 02:57 AM

Quote:

Unplug the compressor until summer gets here.

Unplug the wire to the compressor clutch. However the dehumidified air from the a/c system sure does clear a foggy window a lot faster than regular air.
Posted By: rftroy

Re: Is there a way to keep compressor from cycling - 03/27/10 05:22 AM

For the same reason, having the compressor off for defrost, I cut the wire to the compressor clutch and added wiring from the two ends to a switch in the dash.
That way you can "turn off" the compressor and, with the flick of a switch, return everything to normal operation.

Bob
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Is there a way to keep compressor from cycling - 03/27/10 01:04 PM

If it is a good idea to run the A/C for 5 minutes or so regularly (weekly?) to circulate the oil over the cold months I'd add a cutoff sw
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Is there a way to keep compressor from cycling - 03/27/10 04:21 PM

Quote:

If it is a good idea to run the A/C for 5 minutes or so regularly (weekly?) to circulate the oil over the cold months I'd add a cutoff sw

Yes that is a good idea, the compressor seals supposedly need lube flow to keep them from drying out so it's a good idea to run the system periodically.
© 2024 Moparts Forums