Moparts

Eddy purchase

Posted By: j3wbagell

Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 09:08 PM

Well i've finally decided to give up on getting my current carb to work, im getting 3k in grants so i might as well just buy a new one since i have prepaid college already.

Is there anything else i need to purchase other than the carburetor itself?
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 09:11 PM

the mopar throttle adaptor for the eddy carb

or a holley mopar throttle adaptor if you go holly

maybe some studs/bolts and a 4-hole spacer 1" should do for a spacer

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 09:23 PM

ewww yikes, do i have to take it apart to install that?

I'll be using Summit i guess, if anyone knows the part name/numbers.
Posted By: feets

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 09:26 PM

Easy bolt-on deal.
The Eddy 750s have a bad rap. I still prefer that style carb over a Holley for a street car.

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 09:41 PM

I have a 318 so 750 might be a little much idk i have a 800 on now, I was planning on rolling with a 1405, 600cfm and a manual choke. Any suggestions?

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 10:34 PM

thats a good carb for what you want

the adaptor bolts on to the lever with 2 bolts

may need an adaptor to go from the squarebore carb flange to spredbore intake also

or what I did..

I used a holley 650 spredbore manual dble pumper on my 440 to bolt on to the stock 440 spredbore intake

or pop for a matching intake along with the new carb

Posted By: ohiodemon

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 10:37 PM

get the Holley.

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 10:45 PM

i was thinkin bout the LD but mom is giving me an advance as it is so where ever i can save money i will. Grants don't come in till the start of the semester so ill have to manage for now.

Ive heard i can use a gasket for the bore change, anyone have a positive answer on that?

adapter??????

or

NUMBER 2
Posted By: Hemidavey

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 11:32 PM

life may be better with a Holley

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 11:45 PM

I have a stock 318 with i think a cam

Name the best carb, preferably before 9 so i can beat the shipping timer. Anything
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/25/10 11:57 PM

The 600 Eddy will be fine. Nice easy carb usually run fine out of the box. Just set the A/F mixture and idle setting. Drive it. Holley is a better all out performence carb if you don't mind constantly tweaking it. The Eddy is more street freindly, set it forget it.
Posted By: n_bogie1984

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/26/10 12:01 AM

eddys are hit and miss, you either have a good one or one thats junk, i myself have never had a issue with a holley.
Posted By: jneuf

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/26/10 12:03 AM

I put an edelbrock 1406 (electric choke 600 cfm) carb on my 318 last year...I bought it used, so I had to tinker with it a little to get it to run right, but now it runs great. Also, its EASY to tune...if I could figure it out, anyone can...
Posted By: Boise Chall

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/26/10 12:43 AM

Buy a used Holley ( you can get a 600 cfm for $50) take it to a carb shop have it rebuilt and set up to run correctly on you car. I'll bet you will have a great running carb and spend less than a new edlepuke that's not setup to run on your motor.

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/26/10 01:42 AM

use the adaptor thats in the first link,the open one IMO

either carb

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/26/10 04:14 AM

Welp i went with the 1405 as planned, however after looking at the applications tab i realized the second adapter was the right choice.

It came with a free air filter so im excited to get er on there. Kicked it up to 2nd day for gigs, heres to hoping it all falls through.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/26/10 04:16 AM

Could also buy a prebuilt thermoquad from demonsizzler aka thermoquads.com I'm sure setting one up for a stock 318 would be a snap for him and he should be able to have it tuned right out of the box. If you don't like that idea, then I'd suggest an edelbrock 600 with a spreadbore adapter plate. I've got a holley 650dp I'm trying to sell but I don't think that carb would be the best choice for a stock 318.

Re: Eddy purchase - 03/26/10 04:23 AM

I really should have gone with the TQ but i was to lazzzy i guess,
© 2024 Moparts Forums