Moparts

Six pack carb mount bolts

Posted By: mopeman

Six pack carb mount bolts - 07/31/08 06:13 PM

Well I got my MP six pack install kit and there are no mount bolts for the carbs !!!!! Do they expect you to glue the carbs on!!! Alright, enough of my whining. Can I still get the bolts from the dealer (need P/N's) or will I have to go to one of the resto suppliers? I also have a good hardware store close by and I can get bolts there if I know the proper size, just don't want it to look backwoods or rigged up.
Posted By: macmic87

Re: Six pack carb mount bolts - 07/31/08 08:17 PM

they should be studs with nuts (1/4-20)
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Six pack carb mount bolts - 07/31/08 08:22 PM

Quote:

they should be studs with nuts (1/4-20)

Wrong!!!

They are 5/16-18 bolts they are black phophate with a distinctive logo on the head I believe they should be 1.25 long & either Bill @ A&M High Tech Automotive or Tom @ R/T Specialties will stock them...
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Six pack carb mount bolts - 08/01/08 12:51 AM

Correct...And no washers either...If originality is'nt a factor then the local hardware store will have what you need...But as stated the correct pieces will have a specific "H" headmarking...
Posted By: mopar346

Re: Six pack carb mount bolts - 08/01/08 01:25 AM

Aren't they also used on non-6 pack applications, such as 2 bl small blacks of the era??
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Six pack carb mount bolts - 08/01/08 01:45 AM

Yes, actually there were many bolts around the engine that had that peticular marking...Headbolts,dist.hold-down,etc...
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Six pack carb mount bolts - 08/01/08 02:27 AM

Head markings are reference to the Highland bolt co. No longer avail from the dealership, but it's obviously avail thru any hardware store if your just after something that works with no regards to originality

5/16" - 18 x 1.25" used from 1968 thru late 1970 or early 1971 on about every V8 , although some 2 bbls used both bolts + studs and nuts combined

Posted By: fastnos

Re: Six pack carb mount bolts - 08/02/08 01:08 AM

If your looking for something close to you that you can pick up fairly quickly, try going to your local Advance Auto parts or Autozone. Ask about the Mr Gasket Carburetor stud kit. It has 4 studs, 4 washers, and 4 nuts in each package. Kit number should be #60. It's not original, but works great. If you are just looking at getting it running and tuning it with the idea of maybe taking it off and on a few times, you might want to go with bolts till you get everything sorted out. The nuts and washers tend to fall out of reach of your fingers and can be a pain when you are working on a hot engine.

Attached picture 4591491-CarbStudKit1.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums