Moparts

source for original radiators

Posted By: moparpollack

source for original radiators - 03/20/10 04:44 PM

My 68 roadrunner is missing it's original radiator. Where can you find an original for a decent price. I think $200 for a core is resonable are there any out there?
Posted By: mridolfo

Re: source for original radiators - 03/20/10 10:46 PM

What radiator number are you looking for?
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 07:22 AM

You did say you wanted an original, BUT.... have you heard of Glen Ray? VERY nice, and very expensive...
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 02:58 PM

Glen ray is too expensive for most of their radiator's. If it's for a Hemi car then that's a good choice cause originals are up there in $$$. But for a 383 car that they made tons of it's not worth it...Those radiator's are ALL Hemi priced....

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 03:04 PM

Quote:

What radiator number are you looking for?

2898045 is the radiator number. Funny you mention Glen Ray the first radiator I ever bought was from Glen Ray over 20 years ago as I'm originally from central Wisconsin.

Thanks for the replies.
Posted By: 68mannix

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 04:12 PM

tony d has that one listed for 325 on his website and is a very fair vendor

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 04:17 PM

I saw that but $325 plus shipping then for my sanity because everything else is new a core rebuild puts me at almost $700. I guess I'm picky but I'm looking for a core to build.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 04:44 PM

Good luck, the 045 radiator is a hard one to find, I looked for three years & finally had to step up...

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 04:48 PM

Quote:

Good luck, the 045 radiator is a hard one to find, I looked for three years & finally had to step up...

Posted By: ademon

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 04:48 PM

took a while for me to even find the "043" which is only the 383 4-speed one. e-bay is your best bet
Posted By: 474218

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 04:57 PM

I just had my 66 Coronet 500 radiator (2582946) recored for $325.

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 05:42 PM

Yup $700 no wonder so many cars are riding around with aluminum radiators. There's a couple of swap meets coming up so hopefully I can score. But if need be I'll write the check.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 07:20 PM

Quote:

took a while for me to even find the "043" which is only the 383 4-speed one. e-bay is your best bet

I have an 043 that I found while searching for an 045, figured I'd use it if need be till I found an 045...
Posted By: mr_belvedere

Re: source for original radiators - 03/21/10 09:56 PM

Quote:

Glen ray is too expensive for most of their radiator's. If it's for a Hemi car then that's a good choice cause originals are up there in $$$. But for a 383 car that they made tons of it's not worth it...Those radiator's are ALL Hemi priced....

With all due respect and no intentions of , but that is the same as saying Legendary auto interiors 1968 Roadrunner seat covers/door panels are all hemi priced.

My point is, on many parts in the resto business the part costs what it cost regardless of whats under the hood or the 5th character in the VIN .

I can understand and appreciate being on a budget, but $200 for the OP application in decent condition needing a recore may be tough to find. I will wish him luck finding a deal just the same .

Re: source for original radiators - 03/22/10 03:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

With all due respect and no intentions of , but that is the same as saying Legendary auto interiors 1968 Roadrunner seat covers/door panels are all hemi priced.

My point is, on many parts in the resto business the part costs what it cost regardless of whats under the hood or the 5th character in the VIN .

I can understand and appreciate being on a budget, but $200 for the OP application in decent condition needing a recore may be tough to find. I will wish him luck finding a deal just the same .

No problem I pound the pavement a lot and have come up with some good stuff every now and then. I was given 2 T/A / AAR radiators for free a couple of years ago.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: source for original radiators - 03/22/10 03:09 AM

I have a spare Torana radiator if you want to try it.

Re: source for original radiators - 03/22/10 03:24 AM

Does it have the part number 2898045?
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: source for original radiators - 03/22/10 07:24 AM

The expensive Glen Ray radiator I believe is if you are buying a "correct" numbers matching / date coded / penstar embossed radiator. They have other less expensive options. I think they can stamp correct numbers in new tanks without the Mopar penstar logo and save you about $100 in Mopar licensing fees?
If you can get the correct tanks, they can put them on a new core. Anyhow, call them up as they have several options and prices.
Posted By: demonH1B

Re: source for original radiators - 03/22/10 12:48 PM

Chet's Auto Parts ad in MCG has what you want.
I bought a 375 from him a couple of years ago
for a little over 200, another rare one, the tanks were in
excellent condition. I had it recored and it
looks great.
Even one of our sponsors, Tony's Parts, has one
listed on his website.
© 2024 Moparts Forums