Moparts

Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners?

Posted By: Pyper70

Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/16/10 05:08 PM

I have a rather expensive air cleaner setup for my 2x4 CH-28. I have the Custom 66 series TearDrop from K&N. I was going to put on a cowl induction hood so I can stuff this dual quad setup inside it for a 69 Charger. Seems I am going to hit a brick wall with that idea soon because fiberglass parts are not up to snuff by Moparts member standards. Are there Factory Dual Quad air cleaner setups (to be used in unison with two Edelbrock Carbs)...something like the six pack oval air cleaners...that can provide a drop down base around the two carbs? I never really looked at the dual quad base cleaners at car shows because I thought I had my base covered.

Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/16/10 05:43 PM

You might try:

http://www.hybrid-fiberglass-solutions.com/

He's a moparts member and makes these custom bases and lids. His website doesn't have everything so you might just try contacting him, tell him your carb center-to-center spacing and what you want and he can probably help fix you up with something that actually looks fairly original.

Re: Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/16/10 06:16 PM

Sweet Thanks Daytona...I just emailed him

Re: Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/17/10 09:48 AM

Anyone have more suggestions?
Posted By: Keith BlackĀ®

Re: Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/17/10 10:02 AM

Only place I know of...

http://stores.casselent.com/Categories.bok?category=AIR+CLEANERS

Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/17/10 03:57 PM

Could always buy two drop-down air cleaner bases, a 6-pack lid and fab the two bases together to make yourself a dual quad drop-down base. I don't think anyone really makes one.

Re: Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/17/10 11:03 PM

Quote:

Could always buy two drop-down air cleaner bases, a 6-pack lid and fab the two bases together to make yourself a dual quad drop-down base. I don't think anyone really makes one.

The weird part is....I had the same vision about 8 hours ago...I could do this.....I could make an sheet metal template out of two air cleaner bases....and then pour on a Fiberglass mold and make it, sand it down and paint it Gloss Black.....Buy a six pack lid or even make that myself from the covers and more aluminum with another 'glass mold. and make a raised letter lid saying something like 440 + 8 using plexiglass and paint this Orange like a real six pack air cleaner......Make a few of them and sell them on Ebeigh.......

Great Minds think alike my friend....GMTA....
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/18/10 02:17 AM

i made the air cleaner set up on the tunnel ram has (2) holley dom carbs so nothen worked my base is just flat alum plate i cut out
i set the k n filters (for 6 pack)and lid where i wanted them before i marked and cut the bottom plate and the lid is a steel factory lid from mancini comes already painted orange for around $75.00
Posted By: SGTFURY62

Re: Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/18/10 07:34 PM

I have an inline carb setup on my big block and am using a fiberglass dual quad hemi aircleaner (70/71) on it. Fits great.

Attached picture 5873319-cp1_1209091911.jpg
Posted By: SGTFURY62

Re: Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/18/10 08:33 PM

Heres one with it on engine. Stills low on the engine to.

Attached picture 5873417-cp1_1211091305a.jpg
Posted By: GLR

Re: Are there Dual Quad Air cleaners? - 03/21/10 08:56 PM

I have made quite a few custom air cleaner asemblies for dual four barrel set ups. I have made them for the 440 dual four barrel with edelbrock carbs and even the stage V Hemi intake with Holley carbs. I will attach a picture and I have other pic's. They are very time consuming to build and are not cheep to build/make.Let me know if I can help.
Gary

Attached picture 5879070-69-71HemibaseplateontopofHolleycarbswithstage5intake.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums