Moparts

Carpet install????

Posted By: swifter

Carpet install???? - 03/11/10 10:42 PM

Any hints as to installing carpet in my Duster for the first time???What do I do along the doors where the wire troughs are???Thanks Steve--This is my first time
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Carpet install???? - 03/11/10 10:46 PM

Quote:

Any hints as to installing carpet in my Duster for the first time???What do I do along the doors where the wire troughs are???Thanks Steve--This is my first time

the carpet goes over the wire trough and tuck up under the sill plates..

remove the kick panels too...

you might want to get a can of spray adhesive also to spray up on the firewall to help hold it in place.
i used a soldering to burn holes in the new carpet where the bolts go thru for the seat...
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Carpet install???? - 03/11/10 10:55 PM

Lay it out where it can flatten on it's own for a couple of days before installing it.
Posted By: moparphillie

Re: Carpet install???? - 03/11/10 11:47 PM

I agree with Stumpy, but it would be even better if you could lay it out flat in the Sun. If you can, you will notice a big improvement when you start to install the carpeting.

Good Luck...
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Carpet install???? - 03/12/10 01:44 AM

Quote:

This is my first time
i used a soldering to burn holes in the new carpet where the bolts go thru for the seat...

yes do not use a drill
Posted By: HitIt

Re: Carpet install???? - 03/12/10 02:28 AM

Install all of the seat and seatbelt bolts then install the carpet over them. Then when you are ready cut or burn the carpet holes right where the bolts are. Way better than stabbing and cutting in the wrong spots.
Posted By: BarryBum

Re: Carpet install???? - 03/12/10 10:37 AM

The carpet should be cut long. Make sure all your excess that you cut is way up under the firewall. In other words, push it forward as far as you can then trim at the front.
© 2024 Moparts Forums