Moparts

Detroit Metro Area body shops?

Posted By: goldduster318

Detroit Metro Area body shops? - 03/07/10 02:41 AM

Anybody have a body shop in Metro Detroit that they recommend? I'd like to get some quotes on getting my Duster's bodywork done.

It pretty much needs some patching in the lower 1/4's and some dent and scrape repair. I even have a fender to replace the improperly repaired original. Any ideas on cost? I'd be looking for a base/clear in a normal shade of white.

Thanks for any help!
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Detroit Metro Area body shops? - 03/07/10 12:04 PM

I can tell you NOT to use B&K Collision, if they're even still in business.
Posted By: DetMatt

Re: Detroit Metro Area body shops? - 03/07/10 12:23 PM

B&B collision on main just south of downtown Royal Oak, been in business there since `77 and have a great reputation.
Posted By: rbstroker

Re: Detroit Metro Area body shops? - 03/07/10 12:24 PM

I lived in Farmington Hills until I retired in the last century (lol) and moved to a warmer climate. I had my 1957 Dodge and my 1955 F100 done at the Maaco there. Fantastic job and great price for the work. The Dodge had new steel welded in and was painted white. The F100 was a show truck painted a darg grey poly.
Posted By: 70_challenger

Re: Detroit Metro Area body shops? - 03/08/10 08:37 PM

I'll second the nomination of B&B. Based on their work that I had seen, I wanted them to do my Challenger. They were too backed up at the time, and so they couldn't do my car. I went through a nightmare, with 4 different bodyshops (and a lot of wasted $$$). It is TOUGH to find a good bodyshop around here - I know.

B&B Collision is not cheap, but they are darn good. Stop in and talk to the owner, Randy. He is a Mopar guy, and a straight shooter.

-Tom

Quote:

B&B collision on main just south of downtown Royal Oak, been in business there since `77 and have a great reputation.

Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: Detroit Metro Area body shops? - 03/08/10 08:55 PM

R.A. Thomas did my Duster. I didn't have any metal work that needed to be done on my car because it is from California but they painted the whole thing for $3,500, I just had to prep the door jambs and engine bay. Now it isn't a show stopper paint job but plenty good for a driver / cruiser after a buff. They are located in New Baltimore. Give them a call and tell them the Bigelows referred you.
© 2024 Moparts Forums