Moparts

Keisler Auto Transmission

Posted By: mopar4eversk

Keisler Auto Transmission - 03/06/10 05:18 AM

I've purchased the Keisler A41 auto and was wondering if anyone has found a transmission and flexplate shield that will fit this? It's my understanding this trans is based on one of the GM trans and I'm hoping that a shield for the GM trans will fit and then that I can use a flexplate shield for a SB 727. I need the SFI rated shields for NHRA certification.

Thanks,

Mark
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Keisler Auto Transmission - 03/06/10 05:37 AM

I think the keisler auto is a GM 700r4. Would a GM trans shield fit even with the mopar bell?

Re: Keisler Auto Transmission - 03/06/10 05:49 AM

The trans shield shouldn't come over the bellhousing (hoping) so it shouldn't be an issue. The flexplate shield covers the front of the bellhousing, but I'm reasonably confident that one for a SB 727 will work for that, just hoping someone else has tried both already.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Keisler Auto Transmission - 03/06/10 05:59 AM

Ok, I thought you were talking about something more like a csr trans shield.
Posted By: doctor_mopar

Re: Keisler Auto Transmission - 03/06/10 11:41 AM

If all else fails, you could put a blanket for the trans, to satisfy NHRA/IHRA requirements. The flexplate shield for a 727 or it may take one for a 904 to fit.
Posted By: Keisler Sales

Re: Keisler Auto Transmission - 03/06/10 12:22 PM

The flexplate is already SFI. There is a bell that is available from Quicktime that is SFI. The only thing you would have to make sure of is the depth is the same.

Re: Keisler Auto Transmission - 03/07/10 03:29 AM

Thanks Gene, you have an email. I'll also see what I can find about Quicktime, if I can get a SFI bellhousing that would be perfect. Still need the trans sheild though, could use a blanket, but too much heat retention and don't want to take it on/off all the time.
© 2024 Moparts Forums