Moparts

How similar are 67 GTX/Belvedere fenders/hood/grill/etc

Posted By: 70B5Cuda

How similar are 67 GTX/Belvedere fenders/hood/grill/etc - 02/27/10 03:06 PM

I have a GTX that needs lots and I found a 67 Belvedere fairly close to me. How different (or similar) are the fenders, hood, bumpers, grill, chrome, doors,etc? It might make a good parts car for my GTX. Thanks!
Posted By: 67Satty

Re: How similar are 67 GTX/Belvedere fenders/hood/grill - 02/27/10 03:26 PM

The only thing different about the fenders and doors is that you are going to have to fill in trim holes on the Satellite fenders and doors where the Satellite trim used to be. The Satellite hood doesn't have the fake scoops but they could probably be added if you have them. I don't see what would be different about the bumper and grill.

I have an extra driver's side Satellite fender for sale, two driver's doors, and one passenger door for sale cheap but you'd have to deal with shipping from California.
Posted By: BELVEDERE67

Re: How similar are 67 GTX/Belvedere fenders/hood/grill/etc - 02/27/10 03:28 PM

Body parts will be the same(fender, doors, trunk lid, hood and bumpers.) Front grille will be a little different and rear trim, tail lights are different. If there is any side trim on the Belvedere, it was not offered on the GTX. Also I believe that all GTX models had wheel well trim and rocker panel trim. Not all Belvedere's had this.

Attached picture 5833245-2807897-belvy.gif
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: How similar are 67 GTX/Belvedere fenders/hood/grill/etc - 02/27/10 04:15 PM

Grab it if you can! all sheetmetal is the same.
Posted By: Rosco

Re: How similar are 67 GTX/Belvedere fenders/hood/grill - 02/27/10 04:20 PM

You can carefully notch the grille for the GTX red/white/blue center emblem to fit with a dremel.
© 2024 Moparts Forums