Moparts

Indy Heads and What Headers???

Posted By: pro99

Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/13/10 02:53 PM

I know this has been asked but please don't shoot me for asking again. Does anyone know where the best place is or the cheapest place to buy the Indy 440-1K Max Wedge Aluminum Kit? Does anyone know of a good used kit or just heads for sale?

Also is this the best bang for the buck or is there another set of heads out that can perform or out perform them for the money?

I have a 68 Dart with a 500ci with 11.5 to 1 with cast heads and looking to upgrade to better flow and maybe raise the comp to 12 to 12.5 to 1. I also have fenderwell headers but want to change them out do to they are rusted up and look like junk. What would be the best set of headers to run TTI or another set of fenderwell headers and what would be the best fenderwell headers to run?

Re: Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/13/10 07:22 PM

Anybody got any info at all
Posted By: 1968RR

Re: Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/13/10 09:16 PM

You might be looking for something that'll give you a little more power, but have you thought about the Indy EZs? They're made for A-bodies and I believe that you can use regular headers (no raised exhaust ports). I have a set of the SRs and (just like the 440-1 heads, you have to use the TTI headers ($700) or go custom.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/13/10 09:19 PM

I think its the "SR"s that are made for a-bodies. The EZ's have stock exhaust port locations.
Posted By: Darryls-Demon

Re: Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/13/10 10:06 PM

You may want to check into Indy EZ-1 heads, that way you can just buy a new set of fenderwell headers. You may be able find a nice used set of heads.

Re: Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/14/10 04:04 PM

Will the Indy 440-1 heads work in the Dart with the TTI headers with out any cutting or mods? I wanted to replace the inner fender-wells with new replacements from A.M.D to make it look better in the engine compartment anyways. The owner before me cut the fender with a cutting torch and hacked them up bad I think the biggest thing I want to do is build this to be a 10. to 10.2 car on motor alone with no problem. It runs 10.70 now but thinking the cast heads are just killing it right now??? I just want to spend the money one time and be done Will the SRs heads flow good enough to get me to a 10. or better with no problems also on the right motor? If I don't have to spend a lot of money 3900.00 and have to get the 440-1 heads to do what I want then I can go with the SR's heads???

Re: Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/15/10 01:11 AM

Quote:

Will the Indy 440-1 heads work in the Dart with the TTI headers with out any cutting or mods? I wanted to replace the inner fender-wells with new replacements from A.M.D to make it look better in the engine compartment anyways. The owner before me cut the fender with a cutting torch and hacked them up bad I think the biggest thing I want to do is build this to be a 10. to 10.2 car on motor alone with no problem. It runs 10.70 now but thinking the cast heads are just killing it right now??? I just want to spend the money one time and be done Will the SRs heads flow good enough to get me to a 10. or better with no problems also on the right motor? If I don't have to spend a lot of money 3900.00 and have to get the 440-1 heads to do what I want then I can go with the SR's heads???

Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/15/10 01:20 AM

Go here www.Compu-flow.com Nick will set you up with everything you need
Gus
Posted By: Von

Re: Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/16/10 06:16 AM

Quote:

I think its the "SR"s that are made for a-bodies. The EZ's have stock exhaust port locations.

No, the EZs are made for easier header fitment, (A bodies), hence the stock exhaust port height.

SRs have a raised exhaust port.

Re: Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/16/10 09:00 PM

But does anyone know if I use the 440-1 heads will the TTI headers fit with out cutting anything or mods to the car?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Indy Heads and What Headers??? - 02/16/10 09:32 PM

You don't need 440-1 heads to run low 10s in an A body car. Some CNC ported Edelbrock RPM heads should do the trick just fine. Call around there in MI and get some local help. Muscle Motors, Best Machine, Mancini Racing, Modern Cylinder, etc can all get you the parts you need.

Ported RPM heads, a big flat tappet and a decent carb and intake pkg will put an A body car into the 9's with a 500 inch motor.
© 2024 Moparts Forums